Yall ready to rock and roll?

Weatherman says its fixing to get with it this evenin....Y'all stay safe out there!

2. Member
    Predicting 20 mph winds in the am and I’ve got the day off! I was going to try to catch some crappie on Beaver but the safer bet may be to just stay home.

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Friday the 13th with storms coming, maybe the weatherman lied again and it won't be that bad.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    It's been WINDY here the last 3 days and looks like another one today.

5. #FRB
    I was gonna hit Harris Brake this morning. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle to fight the wind in a stump pile. And Maumelle has pissed me off too many times this year. Maybe I need to start fishing Ouachita since the grass is coming back and heard through the grapevine that they aren't going to try to kill it anymore.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I was gonna hit Harris Brake this morning. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle to fight the wind in a stump pile. And Maumelle has pissed me off too many times this year. Maybe I need to start fishing Ouachita since the grass is coming back and heard through the grapevine that they aren't going to try to kill it anymore.
    So far on the east side of Ouachita the grass that was there last year is not there this year. I think the high, low water and colder temps has stumped the growth so far. I don't think anyone tried to kill the grass. They did use some kind of flies that eat the grass but only the top of the grass so it's there but deeper.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. #FRB
    For several years they pulled the lake way down and did their best to kill it. They did it for the tourists that said the grass was icky. That's what I heard anyway. There was a meeting about the grass and I heard from someone who was there and has fished Ouachita all his life that they WOULD NOT be killing the grass anymore.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Member
    I hope it waits until after the weigh-in at Bull Shoals lake. The Federation championship is underway this week.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    For several years they pulled the lake way down and did their best to kill it. They did it for the tourists that said the grass was icky. That's what I heard anyway. There was a meeting about the grass and I heard from someone who was there and has fished Ouachita all his life that they WOULD NOT be killing the grass anymore.
    Could be true. Last year most of the mid to east of the lake was full of grass and when the lake went way down in the fall there were mats of grass out in the middle of the lake south of Hotel Island. At a fishing club meeting either last year or year before they had the AGFC and some Corps people there and they said they were using those flies to eat the grass. They even have a place on the west end where they raise the flies and larvae. Either way as of now the hydrilla is pretty non-existent. Here is an interesting article, although old.

http://www.lakeouachita.org/hydrilla...e-ouachita.htm
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Grass was as good as its ever been on the big O since this summer but when the lake came up 8ft overnight and stayed muddy so long it's killed a lot of it. Hoping it comes back with a vengeance.