H24 Bay 250 SHO prop information.

I have a 2016 H24 Bay with the yamaha 250 SHO and manual jack plate I purchased new. The prop that is currently on the boat is a powertech 3 blade 21 pitch prop ofx3r21pcl200 is the prop model. My question is this, the boat has little to none bow lift. It’s like the front of the boat runs low on the water and will only turn 5600-5700 rpms. Trimming up on the motor does little to nothing in helping the bow lift. Also, if I hit the gas halfway hard the prop blows right out. Anyone have any help with it? Thanks!
    Last edited by NCoutdoorsman90; 04-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.

2. Member
    Maybe the motor is sitting too high? What is your pad to prop measurement?

3. Member

4. Member
    21 pitch prop sounds very low to me. I would think a 25-26 pitch would be on a 250 SHO? Never been in a 24' Bay series I am sure someone else on here has more experience.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

5. Member
    I don’t have any experience with this exact setup. I run a H22Bay with a F200. But have paid attention to the guys running the SHO 200 also. Most have had good results with a 21-23 Temptest plus. I run a 21 Temptest on my boat, it made a world of difference when I switched from the Powertech.

I would start out with a 23 Temptest plus, these props lift these hulls pretty good. I know going up on pitch usually equates to lower RPM’s, but with this prop the boat will lift like it should and in turn should raise RPM’s.

23 Temptest plus, 4” pad to prop, lighten up front of the boat a little, and go test it a little, and let us know how it does.

6. Member
    I have a H22 Bay, 200 SHO, Atlas hyd. jack plate, 21p Tempest Plus. I run the jack plate up about 2" and 60mph @ 6000.

7. Member
    Scott, did you get them to put the prop on when you first bought the boat. I am going to BR to put money down on a 22Bay tomorrow and will pick it up when i get back from West Texas. Work calls. Buyers order shows (Upgraded to a Power Tech prop), but i am not seeing good things about these props on here.
    i will check it out in the morning when i get over there and see what pitch it is and question them on (Upgrade to a prop) that I am not hearing good things about????? Not to sure if it is an upgrade or not

8. Member
    dont take the ofx prop the ofs ran much better on my h22b 200 sho. If powertech is all they offer then o well but the tempest ran great but i ended up going with a solas rubex l4 and love how it handles

9. Member
    I have an Excel 22 Bay Pro which is almost same boat as the Xpress , 200 Sho & Atlas Jack. started with a Powertech 25 , no rpm's , tried a 23 , still no RPM's
    then to a 21 in both Powertech & Yamaha prop. RPM's when from 5200 or so up to 5900-6000 and 60mph , light load.

The one thing that was consistent with all props , 2.5 to 3" up , was a flat run with little to no bow lift. I'm thinking that the hull design is more a factor than the props ??

Came out of a Triton 21 TR X so it certainly dose not "feel" right.

Now it's loaded , added a t-top and I probably need to start over.

Not a lot of good data , comparison out there.

10. Member
    I took a picture of prop when I went by B unlimited and here is number off of it
    OFX3R19PCL200, it has the 175 SHO

11. Member
    OFX prop, 3 blade, right rotation, 19 pitch

Or at least that’s what I think

12. Member
    Ok, So I picked up my boat today and came back home and hit the intracoastal canal for some break in time. First hour at 2500 rpms had me running right at 25mph per the gps. After the first hour was up put it up on step a little further and 3500 rpms had me right at 35 mph. I'm thinking this is working out right. After the second hour of running according to our break in paper work we varied speed up and down and mph was right there with the rpm. We did a couple of the wide open runs and kept it under the 5 minutes like the book said. This is where we started seeing a problem. 5200 rpms put me at 53.6 per GPS.
    From this point on it was down hill. Went up to 5300 rpms, 5400, 5500, and just lost speed. Max was at 5200 and anything over that brought the speed down. I had them put the prop shaft at 3.5"s below the bottom of the boat before i left the dealer.
    Any ideas? This is the OFX 19P that i mentioned above that the dealer put on it.
    Thanks for any feedback.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeya View Post
    Ok, So I picked up my boat today and came back home and hit the intracoastal canal for some break in time. First hour at 2500 rpms had me running right at 25mph per the gps. After the first hour was up put it up on step a little further and 3500 rpms had me right at 35 mph. I'm thinking this is working out right. After the second hour of running according to our break in paper work we varied speed up and down and mph was right there with the rpm. We did a couple of the wide open runs and kept it under the 5 minutes like the book said. This is where we started seeing a problem. 5200 rpms put me at 53.6 per GPS.
    From this point on it was down hill. Went up to 5300 rpms, 5400, 5500, and just lost speed. Max was at 5200 and anything over that brought the speed down. I had them put the prop shaft at 3.5"s below the bottom of the boat before i left the dealer.
    Any ideas? This is the OFX 19P that i mentioned above that the dealer put on it.
    Thanks for any feedback.
    I had that same prop from xpress stock on my x19 but in23p. that ofx prop has medium bow lift and medium stern lift characteristics. Thus, it doesn't like pad hulls because it "pulls" the boat off pad at speed. This is explanation from ptech and my experience. Call p-tech and see if they will do a trade out or exchange. Then get one with more rake for bow lift.
    X19 Pro Dual Console, Yamaha 150LB 4Stroke, 10" Z-Lock manual jack plate, 23" Yamaha M-23 prop, all 2017 model
    Humminbird Helix 7 Mega, Helix 10 Mega, Lowrance Elite 7-ti, Minn-Kota 80lbs thrust I-pilot with foot pedal

14. Member
    Thanks MM