Trailer Winch Question

Hello all. I am considering changing the winch on my 2014 Rangertrail trailer to a Fulton F2 3200 lb 2 speed trailer winch with adjustable handle. I was wondering if any one has any experience with this winch and weather I should change it out. Appreciate any advice. Thanks, C

https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-FW3200.../dp/B0036PUHN6

2. Member
    Curious about this also,following
    Ed

I replaced my factory Fulton winch with the one in the link. It's all that compared to the one I had on the trailer and makes it easier for my GF to winch the boat on the trailer!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

4. Banned
    I'm going the same route as well.
    Lots of our ramps are dirt/gravel, so I don't blow them out by power loading. Having that low gear in the winch would be awesome.

Bunk trailer? With a glass boat, unless the bunks are submerged, I don't think you can winch a boat onto them.

6. Member
    i bought the exact one in question. way better than the dutton mine came with on my ranger. so much easier to winch, bolt holes in trailer matches right up, although different holes from the dutton

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Bunk trailer? With a glass boat, unless the bunks are submerged, I don't think you can winch a boat onto them.
    I've never seen anyone load a boat, glass or otherwise, that didn't have the bunks at least mostly under the water.

8. Member
    I always leave the front foot or two out of the water unless the ramp is very very shallow to aid in the bow going on top of the roller. That said, if you back fully into the water and get them wet, then pull forward, you can more easily crank over a bunk that isn't in the water, at least my 20 foot glass boat does.

9. Member
    I have had this f2 on my Ranger trailer for about two seasons now and it's great, as indicated makes it much easier with the low gear ratio to load. I would recommend it.

10. Member
    Thanks all! I appreciate all the responses

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    I've never seen anyone load a boat, glass or otherwise, that didn't have the bunks at least mostly under the water.
    Really? Even with my bunks under water ( except for the very ends of the two long bunks) without power loading you won't winch my 496 on the trailer. And if you are in deep, the nose will go under the bow roller

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Really? Even with my bunks under water ( except for the very ends of the two long bunks) without power loading you won't winch my 496 on the trailer. And if you are in deep, the nose will go under the bow roller
    Sounds like you might benefit from a low ratio winch.
    I'd say probably 80-90% of the boats at our tournaments need to winch up the last 1-2 feet.