07 Champion 183CX top speed

Thinking about purchasing my first Champ. An 07 Champion 183CX .Was wondering what is the top speed and hole shot with a 06 Optimax 150. It has a 23 tempest plus and a six inch manual jack plate. Also I am going to need a few parts such as a passenger console windshield, maybe fold up seats and a waterproof cover. where can I buy these? What do ya'll think of the ride of this boat. Thanks
    Also what are the specs on this boat and is 150 the max hp?

She's not a burner. Depending on your load and assuming the prop and motor are good, upper 50s maybe tickling 60 with the three blade and a light load. The guys with Yamahas seem to be able to run a couple of mph faster. Holeshot, again, will depend on your particular load and setup, but I've not heard of anyone who has had a problem getting one out of the hole. I was under the impression that all the 183s came from the factory w/ a 10" plate, but maybe one of the guys with an earlier 183 can weigh in on that.

18'3" with a 93" beam. 150 was max rated hp on the CX model, the Elite carried a 175 rating. Ride is all Champion, as good as you're going to find in an 18ft., wide beam bass boat.

Aurora has the patterns for a custom cover, possibly Dean's as well. My 2009 has Lebroc seats, going to guess the 2007s did as well. There are "stickies" at the top of the Champion page with information on the windshields and other vendors that Champion used for various parts and equipment on the boats. Check with Carol at C&O marine first though, she sometimes has parts or can find them.

That's all I can think of, it's a good boat.
    Last edited by K-ach; 04-12-2018 at 10:46 PM.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

3. Member
    Great 18’ hull if it’s been well cared for.

I agree with Karch on gathering parts.

4. Member
    I have 183 cx 10 jp 150mer op mc 25 m plus hole shot good have got 62 in winter dang good boat my 07

5. Banned
    C & O for the windshield.

6. Member
    Friend has 08 183 with Yamaha 150. He was running 23p Tempest fully loaded around 53-55 (gps). I gave him my 24p Tempest he lost some hole shot but gets 55-57 (gps) now, and he is fully loaded tournaments and a bigger guy. I'm thinking the optimax will run more rpm than his Yamaha? its a very good ride.

1987 Superchamp 200efi 25p trophy plus

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Excellent model! You won't be disappointed!

I have the ETEC 150 HO and fully loaded with just myself I can get 58 with a worked TXP that was 23 but repitched by Croxton to 22. I go about 270 so not light. With a partner, we regularly run 55. That said, we will outrun most other boats in the rough stuff. Tough to beat the Champ ride...
    http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”