Thread: ULTREXX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ULTREXX

Well I bit the bullet today an ordered one. Recently sold the electronics and figured while I was waiting on my new ones I would go ahead and get an Ultrex.

have fished 3 tournaments with mine---LOVE IT...

3. Member
    You are going to wonder why you waited so long. LOL. I don’t have an Ultrex but the Ulterra but the Ultrex is awesome too.

LOL ,, Johnny I know why I waited . Something about having a kid at the cow college in Awbern... LOL

5. Member
    The Ultrex is expensive but worth it in my opinion. It is one piece of equipment that really does make bass fishing easier!
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    LOL ,, Johnny I know why I waited . Something about having a kid at the cow college in Awbern... LOL
    Been there done that to. Only it was Tuscaloosa

7. Member
    Ultrex has improved my fishing game considerably!!!
    Carte's Custom

Mine wanted to go there Johnny but we live about 25 miles from campus. But that didn't stop him from living in Auburn. One more year left tho. One thing he did the other day that really made me feel good was , he offered to pay me back when he graduates . I was blown away by that. He will be a computer programming engineer . Told him that wasn't part of the plan . Save his money and retire early .. lol /,,,,, I hear the troller will change the way you fish . I can't wait . I have two new graphs coming . Any one run 15 in Solix on the XB 21? I may get me two of those . Sold my old units with that in mind but chickened out and ordered 2 Helix 12 .
    Last edited by mgeod; 04-13-2018 at 04:46 PM.

9. Member
    Mine wanted to go there Johnny but we live about 25 miles from campus. But that didn't stop him from living in Auburn. One more year left tho. One thing he did the other day that really made me feel good was , he offered to pay me back when he graduates . I was blown away by that. He will be a computer programming engineer . Told him that wasn't part of the plan . Save his money and retire early .. lol /,,,,, I hear the troller will change the way you fish . I can't wait . I have two new graphs coming . Any one run 15 in Solix on the XB 21? I may get me two of those . Sold my old units with that in mind but chickened out and ordered 2 Helix 12 .
    I think Powell is going to some bigger Solix units. He has a unit up front and loves it. I have 3 of the Carbon 12's for mine. 2 came mounted in dash and upfront on the E-ped, the other will be mounted very soon to be my map unit and my monitor unit for the Nite Track night vision system. I can't say they are any better than my old Gen II's but I will say they are faster and really easy to see in bright sunlight. My old eyes love them big units. I'll give up a little speed for seeing any day. BTW, that was an awesome gesture on your son's part. My daughter never offered to pay her education back nor has my son. But I was fine with it just like you. They didn't ask to be born and I wanted to do my part raising them to give them every opportunity possible to have a great life.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I think Powell is going to some bigger Solix units. He has a unit up front and loves it. I have 3 of the Carbon 12's for mine. 2 came mounted in dash and upfront on the E-ped, the other will be mounted very soon to be my map unit and my monitor unit for the Nite Track night vision system. I can't say they are any better than my old Gen II's but I will say they are faster and really easy to see in bright sunlight. My old eyes love them big units. I'll give up a little speed for seeing any day. BTW, that was an awesome gesture on your son's part. My daughter never offered to pay her education back nor has my son. But I was fine with it just like you. They didn't ask to be born and I wanted to do my part raising them to give them every opportunity possible to have a great life.

I agree on the being born part and they are paying us back or at least in my opinion . Going to school and being a responsible adult with good morals and ethics is a great payback for me ..

Also like you I will gladly give up a little speed to see the fish. I wish I could put a big unit in the dash and bow panel like the newer boats . Need a new top cap.. LOL How do you like the EPED ?

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Dan Hatstat has a Solix 15 on his Prosport.

Give me a few more days Mike...I will have a mount for you!

I will have Solix 12's front and back of mine by the end of the week
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post

You're gonna love em...
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

13. Member

That's a Solux 15 and a Solix 12 lol

14. Member
    I agree on the being born part and they are paying us back or at least in my opinion . Going to school and being a responsible adult with good morals and ethics is a great payback for me ..

Also like you I will gladly give up a little speed to see the fish. I wish I could put a big unit in the dash and bow panel like the newer boats . Need a new top cap.. LOL How do you like the EPED ?
    I have not had a good reason to use it yet. The 12" unit up front helps the old eyes a lot. But, when I start fishing the deep water drop shot this summer as I do enjoy doing a lot, I know that is when I'll raise the Carbon unit up high to see as much detail as possible. Having it as an option is good.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    That's a Solux 15 and a Solix 12 lol
    Did you say that was a Sux 15 and a Solix 12 Dan? LOL

16. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I wanted to get two Helix 10's (Mega SI GPS console, Mega DI GPS bow) but a buddy told me I'd like the ultrex better than two new units. He loves the spot lock.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Check your doorstep Mike
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Did you say that was a Sux 15 and a Solix 12 Dan? LOL
    Perhaps I did lol.. but they are both Solix Units lmao

Check your doorstep Mike