Driving veiw blocked by graph?

I'm working on mounting a Solix 15 at wheel. I was trying to put it on a Kong mount just right of my console but I realize that in this position, my right front quarter view is blocked... I can duck down and look under it, but it sort of feels like a bad idea...

Thoughts?

2. Member
    Seriously?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Seriously?
    yep...seriously... although I'm unsure what part you "seriouslying" me about.

but if I go with a ram mount instead, I could lower the unit closer to the deck and see over it, but I'd have to put a rubber stopper on a hurricane clip under it in order to keep the unit from sagging. I know the kong mount will be rock solid, but it puts the unit quite high, which is excellent for using the unit itself, but I don't know how I feel about it when driving at high speed.

4. Member
    If you CAN’T see then you need to change the mount or location so you CAN see. So yes, you seriously need to change your graph so you can, you know, see.

5. Member
    haha well, I can see everything except for 12 inches :)

I'm going to try the ram mount, that should allow me to lower it some... and then I should be able to see over it.

6. Banned
    Thank you for actually considering the consequences of it, too many fools now mounting dual 12’s and they can’t see a thing. I’m glad you have some common sense.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Thank you for actually considering the consequences of it, too many fools now mounting dual 12’s and they can’t see a thing. I’m glad you have some common sense.
    Yeah i hear you... these bigger screens are a bear to contend with! I thought about mounting it in the dash, but that would cover all of my gauges.. and of course, I could connect my engine, but it's like.. one thing leads to another, which usually leads to more spending.. i feel bled dry!

I've seen pictures of what you speak of... but I don't know, it takes a large chunk of your forward right view...

8. Member
    Put it on the bow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Put it on the bow
    Have one there too... I ended up with a pair, gently used

Quote Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
    haha well, I can see everything except for 12 inches :)
    That's what she said

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

How about mounting to right of the dash, on the gunnel?
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    How about mounting to right of the dash, on the gunnel?
    Thats where I was trying to placr it, but the kong mount is just too tall there.

Https://imgur.com/a/dJ2OH

13. Member
    You realize anything that blocks your view to the right could put your life in danger. Boats approaching from the right have the right of way and you won't be able to see them. I guess someone will put a 42" screen on their boat next so they can really get a good look at the bottom.

14. Member
    Looks like you have an open space right in front, get a BBT mount and put it there.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Looks like you have an open space right in front, get a BBT mount and put it there.
    I considered that carefully, but I just didn't like the placement. It blocked a lot of my gauges, and It seemed like it might be tough to see over.

I ended up on a ram mount with a long arm laid down onto a rubber stopper that's attached to a hurricane clip that's inline with the knob..., and that lowered the unit a lot on the right, now my 5 foot 10 body can see over it.