Clinton Report 12, April

Chris (kmanbear) and I battled the wind on Clinton for awhile today, so here's the latest update:

Water Temps:

49-50 at Marina
    55-56 at Mascoutin
    68-70 between the Dewitt and 48 Bridges
    55-58 Above 48 Bridge

It was a pretty tough day overall. We ended up with 7 keepers, but nothing over 4 lbs. We caught the majority of our fish flipp'n laydowns between Dewitt and 48 with a black neon Paca Craw. We also caught one keeper on a chatterbait and one on a Red Eye Shad.

We definitely didn't smash them, but I only get the chance to fish with Chris once or twice a year and it's always a great time regardless of what we catch.......

2. Member
    I always enjoy fishing with you Philly. I definitely learn something from you on each trip.
    Addendum to Phillys report:
    I caught a plastic bag on a shakey head and several large sticks on various baits. Of course, I fought them for at least 15 seconds each.

Quote Originally Posted by kmanbear View Post
    I always enjoy fishing with you Philly. I definitely learn something from you on each trip.
    Addendum to Phillys report:
    I caught a plastic bag on a shakey head and several large sticks on various baits. Of course, I fought them for at least 15 seconds each.
    LOL if you fish with me it would be epic. I can catch keeper shoes and wads of line like nobody else can.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0L
    Leveling Kit
    ARE Z Series Topper
    2050 Ranger Reata

Thanks for the report. You guys must have just missed it. I saw some pictures from Sunday's IBN tournament and it looks like they had a great tournament with a lot of big fish brought to the scales.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman38 View Post
    LOL if you fish with me it would be epic. I can catch keeper shoes and wads of line like nobody else can.
    We should fish together. We could probably get a grant for lake clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Thanks for the report. You guys must have just missed it. I saw some pictures from Sunday's IBN tournament and it looks like they had a great tournament with a lot of big fish brought to the scales.
    Yep...Clay won that one with 4 fish that weighed over 24 lbs and he had a 9 lber in that bag!! Ole Clinton just keeps kicking them out and the deep grass that is growing in there the past few years is only making it better. I truly believe that it will produce a 10 lber and a 30 lb (5 fish) bag in the next couple years.

7. Banned
    Saw two SM weighed in today,one was 5lbs.

8. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I can’t count how many times I’ve fished Clinton and I’ve never caught a smallie. Someday I hope.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

I've only weighed 3 smallies from Clinton in tournaments, but they were all over 4 lbs. I've probably only caught a dozen of them from the lake through the years (all accidently while Largemouth fishn) but it has been a more frequent occurrence in the past 5-6 years and they are always fat and healthy when you run into one.

10. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I haven’t fished Clinton in a few years. Great info and I’m glad to hear they are there.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.