Thread: Tire choices

Tire choices

I’m going to be replacing the tires on my tandem axle trailer for my bass boat. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices. Goodyear Endurance 205/75r14, Maxxis Bravo year-168 205r14, or Hankook RA08 195r14. All load range D. What are your opinions as to which is the best tire to purchase? Personally, the Maxxis looks like one heck of a tire

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Which is sold by the best local dealer?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I’m more concerned with the quality of the tire. The best prices I have found by far are online

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Don’t think there is a lot of difference so a good dealer is important.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I notice the speed rating is noticeable less on the endurance. As well as the tread depth is less. Maybe it doesn’t matter though

Look at construction for each tire...you want two plies polyester, two plies of steel and at least one nylon cap, two is better..Oh, i just described the Goodyear endurance! The Big O branded Vanguard tire has all the listed with one ply of Nylon and are pretty easy to get and a little less money than the Endurance. Speed ratings are IMHO are bunch of crap with trailer tires. A properly made tire with the correct inflation pressure should run cool at most any trailerable speed without issue..Our interstate speed limit is 80 mph..If your not doing at least 75 mph your getting run over by Semi's.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Living where you do it's easy to go get them at that online tire place. GY Endurance, then just go to your local shop and pay them for the work.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    I buy American made when I can. I can't see buying a chinese made tire when there is a good choice made here in the US ie the Goodyear Endurance. If it was a crappy choice then I can see buying a Chines tire but its not.