Guist Creek ?? Does it suck or do I suck lol.

So anyone fish Guist Creek Lake much ? Read the KFW report the last couple years and its always rated good / excellent for LM. Says excellent opportunities for trophy class fish. I have been 3 times and have 1 fish to my name. And it was pretty short.

Such as today. Water temp 53 - 56 slightly stained and really windy. Started on main lake points / channel swings etc near what I would consider spawning areas to see if there were pre spawners out. No such luck. Started heading back into the channels closer to spawning areas still no such luck. Was graphing fish but didnt get the first bite. Saw a bunch of bait fish back in 15' or so but no luck.

Tried a jerk bait, red lipless bagley, and I think a 6xd in shad pattern.

Does the lake just suck or did I just go about it entirely wrong. Being we are in a warming trend with a front coming in Sat I figured it would have been a good day.. Heck at least a couple lol.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    It sucks...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

This time of year it's all about a spinnerbait there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009joeyfish View Post
    This time of year it's all about a spinnerbait there.
    With the crazy wind today I really thought about going with a spinner. I saw several others throwing them with no success though so I didn't.

Ohh well tomorrow is another day and another lake.

You might not catch a lot but stick with the spinnerbait and you may get one from 6# to 9# on it.

I’ve heard from prominent member of BBC that it’s the best lake in central KY
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

7. Member
    I have fished it 7 times in the past 5 years and never caught a bass. I can at least catch one on Taylorsville every time I go, which I try not to go if I can help it.

8. Member
    Lesson learned as far as listening to kdfwr.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    I have fished it 7 times in the past 5 years and never caught a bass. I can at least catch one on Taylorsville every time I go, which I try not to go if I can help it.
    I don't see how Tville even has bass in the lake with as much pressure it sees. At least 1 tournament every single day with multiple on some occasions. Crazy pleasure boat traffic in the summer along with those fishing. If I were a fish I would want to get caught just to get the heck out of that mess.

10. Member
    Axkiker, go inside the marina and look at the wall of fame. those pictures do not include fish caught in a tournament. Saturday's usabassin Tx big fish 6.18 with a total 15.18pds, Thursday night several 4+ fish, winner ~12pds 3 fish. Guist Creek fish's a little different then other area lakes, you might try down sizing your bait selection.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccraycraft View Post
    Axkiker, go inside the marina and look at the wall of fame. those pictures do not include fish caught in a tournament. Saturday's usabassin Tx big fish 6.18 with a total 15.18pds, Thursday night several 4+ fish, winner ~12pds 3 fish. Guist Creek fish's a little different then other area lakes, you might try down sizing your bait selection.
    Well I guess I will try again or accept that I just suck LOL Might try small swim baits if small gets the bite.