Thread: Trailer Tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trailer Tires

Has anyone replaced tires on their XB-21 Boatmate Trailer? I already had belt separation on one of my 4 year old Marathons and now worried about the rest of them.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Sure-- about 5 times now..
    Do a search on the trailer-towing section.... Lots of bad experiences with some of the Marathons..
    I'm on my second set of Carlisle's with no issues yet. Need to replace two of them soon due to premature tire wear on one axle. Will likely go back with some more.

Goodyear Endurance. Great tire. Made in the USA. 87 mph speed rating along with 8 plies.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Do a search on the trailer-towing section.... Lots of bad experiences with some of the Marathons..
    I'm on my second set of Carlisle's with no issues yet. Need to replace two of them soon due to premature tire wear on one axle. Will likely go back with some more.
    Are the Carlisle’s US made?
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

I had full tread come off last Sunday. It passed me! That’s how I knew I had a flat. Seriously thinking about replacing all of them.
    Tire was fine 5 minutes before as I had stopped at a car wash. I guess I could have run over something but it came off perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    Are the Carlisle’s US made?
    Pretty sure they are not. Goodyear listened and started making a good tire for trailers. I broke a leaf spring on my trailer and did not know it. I went about 25 miles with the sidewall rubbing the trailer. Tire had a lot of rubber burned off the side wall and was hot a hell but did not blow out. I took it back to discount tire and while they didn't replace it for free they did replace it for half price. I think they run around 110 a tire. I know for a fact my old marathons would not have endured that abuse. In fact those junk ass Chinese made tires is what put me on the hunt for a good American made tire.

Update -- After inspecting my tires today I took two of them to discount tire and had them spun on there machine -- neither of them were running true... Will have them ALL replaced tomorrow with the new goodyear endurance

8. Member
    I just replaced the tires on my 3 1/2 year old trailer yesterday. One separation and very poor mileage, approx 10,000 miles. I bought the Goodyear Endurance from discount tire, they are D rated and have a speed rating of 87 witch meets my needs when I travel which isn't very often. Haven't had them on the road yet due to some extreme wind.

9. Member
    One more happy customer that has switched to the Goodyear Endurance tires. Also bought them at Discount Tire.
    2015 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2021 Mercury Racing 300R (1.75)

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I just replaced the tires on my 3 1/2 year old trailer yesterday. One separation and very poor mileage, approx 10,000 miles. I bought the Goodyear Endurance from discount tire, they are D rated and have a speed rating of 87 witch meets my needs when I travel which isn't very often. Haven't had them on the road yet due to some extreme wind.
    What wind ???
    Worst spring I can remember. Amarillo news last night said we had 10 wildfires going and mandatory evacuations around Stennet. Winds were gusting to 60. Have a 2 day tournament on Ute this weekend.. Winds gusting to 45 in Amarillo Sat. Hope they are less West of here.

11. Member
    Good luck with your tournament. Have friends that went to Conchas last weekend for a club tournament, 27 degrees Sat morning with ice forming on the line and guides. 14 teams and only 5 fish caught, cancelled Sunday. Wind has been howling out here and I guess I've turned into a fair weather fisherman.
    What wind ???
    Worst spring I can remember. Amarillo news last night said we had 10 wildfires going and mandatory evacuations around Stennet. Winds were gusting to 60. Have a 2 day tournament on Ute this weekend.. Winds gusting to 45 in Amarillo Sat. Hope they are less West of here.

Pre fished Wednesday-- 91 degrees, had a nice limit thanks to fellow Allison owner David S. for putting me on the Duo Realis Spy-bait. Not sure what this front will do to the catching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Are y’all going with the same width on the Endurances as with the Marathans?
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    Went with GoodYear Endurance. I changed mine to 15".
    Carte's Custom

15. Member
    Mike, nice catch. Good luck this weekend.
    JWW, my trailer had ST205-75R-14 tires in a Trail America or something like that tire. I replaced them with the Endurance in the same size.

16. Member
    I replaced my 19 year old Marathons last October with the new Goodyear Endurance. It seems like it cost me $480 to mount, balance and buy the tires. So far so good. They will have to go some to outlast the Marathons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Morgan View Post
    I replaced my 19 year old Marathons last October with the new Goodyear Endurance. It seems like it cost me $480 to mount, balance and buy the tires. So far so good. They will have to go some to outlast the Marathons.
    If those things lasted 19 years they are the exception and not the rule........lol. I think the early Marathons were American made.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    If those things lasted 19 years they are the exception and not the rule........lol. I think the early Marathons were American made.
    Yes Marathons used to be USA made and were good tires during that time.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

19. Member
    I had Marathons on my 2 previous trailers with absolutely no problems. I ran them at max air pressure when on a trip. This trailer came with Trail America tires, never heard of them until I picked up the boat. The 2 right side were wore out with one of them separated, the left side wasn't as bad but not impressive. I did the math on miles from new at Stroker and estimate around 10,000 miles total. Hope the Endurance work better, don't know if they are made in the USA.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Replaced my Junkathons with a new set of Goodyear Endurance last year. I have zero complaints, Made in USA!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast