1991 150 black max fuel separator

Hey everyone, recently purchased 91 Ranger 375v and installed a water separator, I prefilled the filter and there are no leaks but after the fuel empties out of the fuel the motor stalls, I idled it strong and the result is always the same. I don't know if the separator is faulty. Always runs without it.

2. Member
    Mercury does not recommend any external filters on most/all their motors due to possible restrictions in fuel delivery, which it sounds like you have. You should already have a water separator under the cowl, along with multiple filters.

3. Member
    I'm having the same issue, sort of. I installed a separator on my 1985 175 Black Max recently. Installed all new lines and Merc bulb at the same time. When I'm running wide open, the motor bogs down, like starving for fuel for about 10 seconds, then kicks back in. I am thinking I still have air trapped somehow. I messed up when installing the filter. Jumped the gun and installed the filter empty. Took forever to pump the gas through by hand. Only other filter I have is the screen in the fuel pump.
    Arnold Custom Cabinets
    214-931-8647

4. Member
    unless your having water problems wouldn't use one
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................