Thread: V20 questions

V20 questions

Im gonna be in the market for another boat in the next week or two and ive been looking at 2016-17 v20's. Im aware of the buyout and the possibilty of them not being in business in a few years. My question is what are guys that actually own them likes and dislikes. Im coming out of a phoenix 921 so im used to a big front deck and good ride. What types of real world speeds can i expect? Not looking for that one time when it was empty and had no gas speeds, but what will it run with 2 200lb guys, a tourmey load and power poles. Thanks for any info and suggestions you all may have
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    Sorry i shouldve listed itll likely have a pro xs
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    I'm getting 68-69 fully loaded for a tournament with full livewells and 2 guys. I am running a Fury 4 24P with the factory Atlas hydraulic jackplate. The Fury 4 gives a better holeshot than the 3 with tighter turning too. I believe you will love the V20 when you compare the fit and finish to your Phoenix, having fished myself in both boats.

4. Member
    Real speed should be right at 69-71. I have a SHO and that is where I land for speed. Also a 24P fury. The deck space on the V20 will be bigger then the 921 in width at the TM. The boat is stable at rest. I am sure you'll get some guys chiming in about the 520 / 521 being more stable. I haven't been on either, but I can say I have never had a complaint about the V20 stability. Favorite things about the boat.. Build quality, and fit and finish are spectacular, Storage and access to storage when fishing is second to none (the center compartment holds 90% of what I have for tackle, and has space for 12-15 rods), Front day box is super convenient, the solid feel of the boat in rough water. It goes threw the rough stuff very well, and never sounds like its coming apart.. Not a one stress crack on mine with 125hrs of use so far. The only complaint I have with the boat is when quartering in rough water and chop. If you trim high enough to deflect all water away from driver and passenger, then you'll be hopping wave to wave.. If you trim down enough to cut threw the chop, then you'll get some water spraying on you. I don't think you can carry that much beam forward and not have some deflected water at the nose when running 45 degrees to a strong wind. I would buy another in a minute. There isn't another boat on the market that makes me want to spend my money more then this one.

If you must have a V20 buy a 2017 or 2018 model...They were still sorting things out on the 16 models...I was more or less told this straight from Legend...I asked about the 16 models and was told "You will be happier with a 17 model"....?

Were you unhappy with your 921? The 921 is a really good boat...

6. Member
    Ditto on the 2017 vs 2016 all other positives said about the V20. Love mine. You will also find that the addition of a foil will help with holeshot and some mild slow and mid range porpoising in certain conditions. My holeshot was fine without the foil. Nothing really badbut an annoyance.

7. Member
    What's different on a 17?

8. Member
    What’s so bad in a 16 that isn’t there in a 17?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    If you must have a V20 buy a 2017 or 2018 model...They were still sorting things out on the 16 models...I was more or less told this straight from Legend...I asked about the 16 models and was told "You will be happier with a 17 model"....?

Were you unhappy with your 921? The 921 is a really good boat...
    Just eat a bag of popcorn

10. Member
    2016 to 2017 notable changes were risers on the seats, gauge package upgrades. The late 17 models has some non structural changes to the splash detail in the hull to help deflect spray and improve dryness of ride. The 18 models had cosmetic changes to the cap including console, front deck details, seating area changes etc. The basic hull stayed consistent. I very much like what was done to the 18 models, but wouldnt shy away from any 16 or 17 models..Mine is not for sale, yet if it were, it has all relevant 2017 tweaks, other then the late 17 splash change for improved dryness. Its a april 2016 build / model year. The 17s came out 6 to 7 weeks later. All good boat manufacturers are constantly evolving their build processes. There are no "light switch" changes from model year to year. 2005 boat I purchased brand new was replaced 6 weeks after I took delivery because of notable changes to lay up and build process. They don't wait for the next model year to implement improvement.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    I'm getting 68-69 fully loaded for a tournament with full livewells and 2 guys. I am running a Fury 4 24P with the factory Atlas hydraulic jackplate. The Fury 4 gives a better holeshot than the 3 with tighter turning too. I believe you will love the V20 when you compare the fit and finish to your Phoenix, having fished myself in both boats.
    I'm running the same with my 2016 V20. You put lithium batteries and lighten it up you'll see 73-75.
    Love my V20.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

12. Member
    Which lithiums are you running and how do you like them.

Lithium Pros....Love them....