Talon won't retract

Came in to load the boat on the trailer and deployed my 2 Talons, both went down. Backed the trailer in and got in boat. Pushed the remote and only 1 of the 2 Talons retracted. The other just beeped. I reset the foot pad to make sure both would come up. Still the same problem. The one just beeped. Pushed to deploy now both are down. Pushed the up button and one came up, the other just beeped. I turned the power off and then back on and both Talons came up.

Just wondering if anyone else had had a similar problem and what the solution might be. Up until now they have worked perfectly. This is my third year of using them.

Thanks
    John

2. Member
    could it be that one of them got stuck on soft bottom?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

3. Member
    Yep sounds like it was stuck. Did the right thing to reset.

4. Southern BAMA Bassin
    I have twin talons and have that problem a lot. If I leave them down for a long period of time, I get that same beep. run water through the vent up top flush them. also, just keep repeating raising and lowering them and it will eventually break loose. flushing them is a good thing though. Per Minn Kota

5. Member
    It was a soft bottom. Not sure why 1 stuck and the other one did not.

Thanks for the feedback guys

John

6. Member
    I came on here to ask the same question . my talons do this all the time. Sometimes I have to press the tilt bracket and pull down on the talon to break it loose!

7. Member
    Rinsing them out often is highly recommended by Minn Kota. Mine will get stuck down sometimes after fishing muddy water and don’t rinse them off after a few outings
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.