Vent holes on Fury 4

Just put a Fury 4 24 pitch on my boat. The Tempest I was running had plugs with the largest holes in it. The Fury 4 has 6 holes? What are the correct plugs? Running the prop on a 06 200 HPDI. Thanks!

2. Member
    On my merc the tempest needed 2 large plugs and one hole open. I put my fury 4 on with all 8 holes wide open and it jumped on plane so quick I didn’t ever put any in. No blowout whatsoever with all 8 open on my 250.

3. Member
    All boats can be different, but I use 3 large hole plugs for my 25p Tempest + and no plugs for my 24p Fury 4. Like Jtreed99, the Fury 4 hole shot is great with no plugs, live wells full or empty, alone or with a partner. Start with all holes open and you will probably be set or close.

4. Member
    Thanks! With 4 batteries and Talons the thing is a dog getting on plane. Hope the Fury 4 helps.

5. Member
    There is no right answer.....Different motors, gear ratios, and loads are just some of the contributing factors to the correct venting.

MOST OF THE TIME THE FURY LIKES TO RUN WITH ALL HOLES OPEN. AS SAVAGE SAID THERE IS NO RIGHT ANSWER BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE FURY 4 ITS PRETTY UNIQUE. I DONT THINK THE VENTING IS AS PICKY AS MOST PROPS WITH THE VENT HOLES NEXT TO EACH OTHER RATHER ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER. I'VE MY SELF HAVE ALL HOLES OPEN ON MY FURY 4 AND FEEL LIKE I NEED MORE VENTING. I MAY SEND MINE TO MARK ONCE THE WARRANTY IS OUT TO HAVE IT BB AND 4 MORE SMALLER VENT HOLES DRILLED
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

7. Member
    All holes left open and the hole shot is GREAT! Not much bow rise just lifts the boat and you are on plane.