He's 7 gen 3 transducer install

My new tracker tx 190 will be here monday and I have purchased a hds 7 bundle. The hook4x transducer is on the port side so do I put the new skimmer in that spot and the lss2 on the other side of the motor or next to the skimmer? Any advice or pics of your setups would be great thanks.

2. Member
    Put it next to the skimmer. Lowrance indicates in the installation manual both transducers should be no more that 3 feet apart.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keeping it Reel View Post
    Put it next to the skimmer. Lowrance indicates in the installation manual both transducers should be no more that 3 feet apart.....
    Do not put it directly next to the skimmer as you will most likely get interference. You need a little distance between the two transducers to minimize any interference. Mine is spaced about 16 inches apart. I have now interference and never lose depth. My down and side imaging is perfect. Others who have put their transducers close together has had interference issues. If your going to install your own transducers ask your dealer how far apart they recommend and where. They'll tell you.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Do not put it directly next to the skimmer as you will most likely get interference. You need a little distance between the two transducers to minimize any interference. Mine is spaced about 16 inches apart. I have now interference and never lose depth. My down and side imaging is perfect. Others who have put their transducers close together has had interference issues. If your going to install your own transducers ask your dealer how far apart they recommend and where. They'll tell you.
    Thanks for the info. Is your down and Side transducer level or is the down and Side a little higher?
    2018 pro team 190 tx
    Mercury 115 X's pro
    Hds 7 gen 3 at console

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docsoos View Post
    My new tracker tx 190 will be here monday and I have purchased a hds 7 bundle. The hook4x transducer is on the port side so do I put the new skimmer in that spot and the lss2 on the other side of the motor or next to the skimmer? Any advice or pics of your setups would be great thanks.
    I did just that. Used the existing bracket for the new slimmer and put the lss2 on the opposite side just above the bottom of the hull.

I'll post pics of my skimmer and LSS2 tomorrow so you can see how mine is set up.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

7. Member
    I'll post pics of my skimmer and LSS2 tomorrow so you can see how mine is set up.
    That would be great thanks again. Would you have any pics of how and where you mountedyou electronics?
    Last edited by Docsoos; 04-15-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: More information
    2018 pro team 190 tx
    Mercury 115 X's pro
    Hds 7 gen 3 at console

Sorry, I forgot to take the pics. I was called the next morning by my boat mechanic and he said he would squeeze me in this week to put in a new bilge pump with float switch as well as service my steering and throttle cables. Needless to say I ran the boat up to his shop. He's also going to put in a cut off switch so the big motor, TM and electronics can't be used unless the you know where the switch is. Needless to say I've been waiting on him to call me as the dealership has been deluged with spring boat services. Soon as I get my boat back I will take pics and PM them to you.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

9. Member
    Sounds good thanks again.
    2018 pro team 190 tx