Lake Toho Suggestions

I have fished West Toho twice and netted a grad total of one bite. I threw the typical worms and craws. I am considering going back and trying Toho next week and wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions? Not asking for locations (but they are gladly accepted in a PM), but more what to throw this time of year.

I have not tried live shiners and they seems to be the old reliable so may open up to live bait.

Thanks in advance,
    Greg
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

2. Banned
    If you can find some flat pads,throw a hollow body frog.

3. Member
    Here is a recent report for Toho..... At Lake Toho, live shiner fishing for bass has really picked up. Anglers are getting 20 bass (five to six pounds) per half-day trip. Schoolie-sized bass are hitting artificials in the north and south end of the lake. Topwaters best in the morning, followed by Carolina Rigs and 10-inch worms around hydrilla later in the day, reports Mark Detweiler at Big Toho Marina (407-846-2124

4. Member
    You can't go wrong with a Junebug Mag Speed worm or a black/blue swim jig with a swimbait trailer. Plus you can cover a lot of water.

Keep a flipping stick ready with 1/2 oz lead and a black/blue beaver bait for grass lines.

May is probably the best month of the year

5. Member
    Yeah big speed worm is good out there right now.

6. Member
    Thanks all for the suggestions. Now if I have time to pre-flight the boat I hope to make it out to Toho later this week.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S