Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Longshot...The Verado is a different animal especially when it comes on a high performance boat like the Jaguar. You are not going to climb into that combo and be able to figure it out the first time driving. Not sure what you mean by "sucks" as I cant find anything that sucks about the combo. The difference with the power steering is going to be the adjustments made. With say an engine like the Pro XS your steering corrections are going to be made from the 12 o'clock position on steering wheel with small adjustments made to the left and right..... 11 o'clock to the 1 o'clock. With the Verado I have found most of the adjustments made are going to be slow turns of the wheel to the left typically from the 9 o'clock to the 12 o'clock position. Sometimes ill turn wheel all the way to the 9 o'clock and hold it there there for a few seconds and make small adjustments from that position before returning to the 12 o'clock. I usually trim up to the 5 of trim gauge and make quick taps from there up to 7 on trim gauge. Make sure and get that sporty Lower out of the water also. I know you are running the Bravo XS I found 1/2" above pad to be best with that prop. Also with the deep keel of the Jag you never want to chop the throttle or trim down fast once on pad. This is when the hooking issue could come into play. Although I am not convinced that I will hook the boat as Scottw says...Knock on wood!! I had a Blazer with HydroTec engine that would run low 90's. You could chop the throttle at WOT and she would settle down, no way you can do that with the Jaguar. take your time and get used to the boat. It will come and once it does its as easy to drive as any other boat that walks. Good luck!!
    Last edited by 32regulator; 05-14-2018 at 05:06 PM.

2. Member
    Never chopped the throttle,been driving cats for twenty years.the electronic steering is totally different,you can’t counter any action your boat gives u because the steering is just a tad slow.i basically drive with preventive adjustments vs counter acting adjustments.ive had my steering vacuum bleed 3 times thinking that would make it better but never has.last time it hooked I was steady 74mph into a 5 mph wind,no boat wakes no throttle adjustments,nothing,and wam 180.good thing is the ol jag swings around nice and flat.i did have the throttle body sensor(think that was its name) replaced and have not done it since.boat would not start about 1 out 50 times and would loose speed when running wide open,after several trips to the dealer they figured it out ,we thought,last trip out it did the no start again so we will see what they come up with next.

3. Member
    Scottw....man sorry to hear of issues. Crazy that the boat hooked at 74mph. Was it the engine that caused hook, if so how or what do you believe was reason? I have owned several Verados on Bass boats and off shore center consoles. Thankfully I have Never had a problem with any of them.

4. Member
    I was hoping that throttle body was the culprit but maybe not,I’m guessing whatever causes the verado to loose power is the problem,most of the time it just simply starts loosing speed so that hook may have been that issue at the exact time the keel was at that point of being totally loose,who knows.my dealer has a new computer coming my way since he has triple checked everything he can.rep has been in the boat and seems to be ready to start throwing parts at it so we shall see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12