Banned

Possible issue with helix 7 g3n msi

So I got the new unit installed and on the down image screen there a whit lines all the way down and and on si the right side is clear but the left side has the same lines down them. Not sure what could be causing this.

2. Member
    You have a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    So I got the new unit installed and on the down image screen there a whit lines all the way down and and on si the right side is clear but the left side has the same lines down them. Not sure what could be causing this.
    That is because the unit you have doesn't have Down Imaging. It has composite DI VIEWS that are created by blending the two SI pulses.
    That is why you see the same thing on the DI view as you do on one side of the SI view.

By your description, you have the SI transducer on the port side of the outboard/jackplate and the right side SI pulse is recording echoes from one of those two or some other appendage on the transom that is right of the transducer.

This is a similar thing:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=978676
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Banned
    Thanks Wayne that is exactly what it looks like so I need to lower the transducer most likely

Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    Thanks Wayne that is exactly what it looks like so I need to lower the transducer most likely
    Lowering may not fix it, SI sees from the water's surface to past vertical under the transducer on both sides.
    If a jackplate is involved and the transducer is on the side of the jackplate, just put a cover/holeshot plate on the bottom of the jackplate. That will hide the vertical surface that is reflecting the SI pulses.

If you have a jackplate and add a holeshot plate, the best installation is to attach the transducer directly and centered to the holeshot plate via Transducer Shield and Saver with wedge.

Refer to the boat brand pictures in the Installation and Networking sticky topic at the top of the forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL