Added some new bling to my 797

Got my Croxton worked Tempest plus 25 back and on the TorqueMaster. Can't wait to run it this weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ron Wells, Apache Junction, AZ
    2012 Charger 797 Merc 250 PRO SX

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    You should see a big improvement

3. Member
    Are you saying Croxton worked on the Torque Master as well as the Tempest? Or just the Tempest?

4. Member
    We need full boat pics...

5. Member
    Mark Croxton just worked over the Tempest + 25. Mark does great work!

Quote Originally Posted by rwells View Post
    Mark Croxton just worked over the Tempest + 25. Mark does great work!
    what did you have him do to it?

7. Member
    So here is the story on this prop. Originally bought it off a guy on BBC about 10 years ago. It was a Borger worked Tempest plus 25. I ran it on my 186 Champ for a couple of years and it worked great. One day I was running across the lake at about 60 MPH and one of the blades just tore almost in two. I didn't hit anything...I was in over 100'of water. Limped back to the ramp on the trolling motor. Took the prop to a local prop shop and they said it was a casting defect and couldn't be fixed. Stuck it in a cabinet in the garage and it sat there until I bought my Charger in December. Touch of Class suggested a Tempest + 25 as the best option for my boat and I pulled the prop out of the cabinet and took a picture of it. Sent the picture to a prop shop in Georgia and they said it couldn't be fixed. Sent the pic to Croxton and he said he could fix it. He did a B&B on t after the repair. It looks awesome now! I'll post a picture of the damaged prop on the original post.
    Last edited by rwells; 04-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.

8. Member

Here is the damaged prop before Croxton

This is the before-Croxton pic of the prop. So here is the story on this prop. Originally bought it off a guy on BBC about 10 years ago. It was a Borger worked Tempest plus 25. I ran it on my 186 Champ for a couple of years and it worked great. One day I was running across the lake at about 60 MPH and one of the blades just tore almost in two. I didn't hit anything...I was in over 100'of water. Limped back to the ramp on the trolling motor. Took the prop to a local prop shop and they said it was a casting defect and couldn't be fixed. Stuck it in a cabinet in the garage and it sat there until I bought my Charger in December. Touch of Class suggested a Tempest + 25 as the best option for my boat and I pulled the prop out of the cabinet and took a picture of it. Sent the picture to a prop shop in Georgia and they said it couldn't be fixed. Sent the pic to Croxton and he said he could fix it. He did a B&B on t after the repair. It looks awesome now! I'll post a picture of the damaged prop on the original post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Croxton is a engineer in the prop world he can do it!

10. Member
    Mark Croxton is great indeed! Awesome guy to work with!
    Last edited by rwells; 04-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.

11. Banned
    Rich Boger was supposed to be the man when it came to props, I wish he was still around because he had a pretty nice website/forum.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Rich would only work on virgin props or ones he had worked previously. Wouldn't touch one someone else had worked. He was also rather moody, but a hell of a prop guy.

That picture of the broken prop looks like Superman used his mad vision on it.
    I got nothin

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Rich would only work on virgin props or ones he had worked previously. Wouldn't touch one someone else had worked. He was also rather moody, but a hell of a prop guy.

Us moody guys are usually that way for a reason (dealing with nutjob customers).

Quote Originally Posted by rwells View Post
    He is indeed! Awesome guy to work with!
    had him do a prop about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Rich Boger was supposed to be the man when it came to props, I wish he was still around because he had a pretty nice website/forum.
    I had Rich work a prop for a 19 ft. Charger I once owned. I had a Suzuki 150 EFI on that boat. Most the guys that rode in that boat thought it was a rebadged 200. Boat popped on plane so fast it would set you back in the seat. But it was still a 150 on a 19 ft. Charger, 57-58 mph boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I had Rich work a prop for a 19 ft. Charger I once owned. I had a Suzuki 150 EFI on that boat. Most the guys that rode in that boat thought it was a rebadged 200. Boat popped on plane so fast it would set you back in the seat. But it was still a 150 on a 19 ft. Charger, 57-58 mph boat.
    that's good for a 150 Suzuki