Thread: Bravo

Bravo

Anyone had success running a Bravo on their Skeeter/SHO combo?

2. Member
    It's my biggest secret.

3. Member
    I am guessing maybe a 26 with a 250 SHO? Does it matter if they are vented or not in your experience? There is also a choice between the original long/full flare and the newer XS which is shorter.

4. Member
    I've been hearing some amazing things from 2 guys that I know that are running one on their FXi21 and FX21. Almost too good to believe so I'm borrowing one to put on my boat. Hope to run it tomorrow. I',m really disappointed in the 3 T2's I ran and 1 good one. 5mph difference in the same prop.

5. Member
    Problem is which Bravo prop? There are so many models!

6. Member

7. Member
    I have run 2x stock 25.5s both of those 6,160 for 71-72mph. Then had some more cup put into 1 and got 6,160 73-74mph.

I got a 26 1XS that was B&B not clue what was done or for what hull (TR-21 I believe). That was 6,050 running roughly 73.5 cold. Sent the data to Mark, he did some magic and now it is 6,050 typically running 73+ hot/75+ cold, have seen as high as 76.6. The only problem with this prop now, is that it handles more like a 3 blade.

Ran a 27 that was tuned up from a 26 by Mark, 5,900 71mph.

The really cool part about the 25.5s and the 26 prior to Mark's magic is that I they grip all the way up until I loose water pressure. Both ran about 2in below pad So when I add weight, body or full live wells, I let they hydro plate do the dirty work to get RPMs back up. Loose about 1mph.

My current 26 has 4 1" holes and 4 PVS holes. I ran the PVS holes solid and 1" holes open not much effect on hole shot UNTILL, I filled the live wells and put another person in the boat. Then the venting was noticeable increasing hole shot from 3ish to 6ish seconds. Now all those vent holes are plugged and back to 3sec.

Bravo 1XS is the most common, and that barrel seems to work just fine. I have never run a Bravo with a different barrel.

8. Member
    Great info right there, thanks Randy.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    I have run 2x stock 25.5s both of those 6,160 for 71-72mph. Then had some more cup put into 1 and got 6,160 73-74mph.

I got a 26 1XS that was B&B not clue what was done or for what hull (TR-21 I believe). That was 6,050 running roughly 73.5 cold. Sent the data to Mark, he did some magic and now it is 6,050 typically running 73+ hot/75+ cold, have seen as high as 76.6. The only problem with this prop now, is that it handles more like a 3 blade.

Ran a 27 that was tuned up from a 26 by Mark, 5,900 71mph.

The really cool part about the 25.5s and the 26 prior to Mark's magic is that I they grip all the way up until I loose water pressure. Both ran about 2in below pad So when I add weight, body or full live wells, I let they hydro plate do the dirty work to get RPMs back up. Loose about 1mph.

My current 26 has 4 1" holes and 4 PVS holes. I ran the PVS holes solid and 1" holes open not much effect on hole shot UNTILL, I filled the live wells and put another person in the boat. Then the venting was noticeable increasing hole shot from 3ish to 6ish seconds. Now all those vent holes are plugged and back to 3sec.

Bravo 1XS is the most common, and that barrel seems to work just fine. I have never run a Bravo with a different barrel.
    What boat are you running this on?

I'm told the guys I know are running a 25 Bravo1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamale View Post
    What boat are you running this on?

I'm told the guys I know are running a 25 Bravo1
    Zx225.

I contemplated getting one of those 25s pitched up, but decided not to spend the money on a pitch up after already paying for cup. Actually got another 26 that is stock and will have it worked from there most likely.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post

Ran a 27 that was tuned up from a 26 by Mark, 5,900 71

How are you plugging the 1" vent holes??

12. Member
    Jb wled and 1" plastic hillman plugs