Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    the g2 meets all the epa standards same as 4 stroke. uses way less oil than 2 strokes used too. i dont see any reason why they need stop making that motor .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunker_Hunter View Post
    Have G2 love it ... came from verado ... would never go back to a pro XS again it’s dying technology and loud

all in all G2 is awesome motor but if you like trolling at all go with a verado with troll control rpm settings ... my next engine will prolly be another verado but only because I like to idle around more than most ( 85% of my time is at idle if I had to guess ). And a 4 stroke is better suited to that

that said g2 is still awesome
    Both the G2 and Pro XS are the same direct injected 2 stroke technology... Relative to the trend in the industry, you went backwards going from a Verado to a G2.

3. Banned
    Ski doo which is BRP still uses 2 stroke and is still market leader....I have been told That an 800 will destroy a 1000 4 stroke up to about a 100 mph...unless you chip the 4 stroke.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Ski doo which is BRP still uses 2 stroke and is still market leader....I have been told That an 800 will destroy a 1000 4 stroke up to about a 100 mph...unless you chip the 4 stroke.
    You had better be running a 1200 4-stroke.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Both the G2 and Pro XS are the same direct injected 2 stroke technology... Relative to the trend in the industry, you went backwards going from a Verado to a G2.
    Wrong! The G2 is a block designed around direct fuel injection, the old 2 strokes were direct fuel injection on a carb block....BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    From reliability standpoint the 4 stroke is by far a better option. Its obvious which way the market is heading and evinrude needs to get on board or they will loose in the end.
    So you are saying that BRP needs to do away with the cleanest, most efficient, latest technology motor and go backwards? ........The reliability of the 4 strokes, does that include the 100s of Shos that blew their powerheads and the 1,000s more that had a head replaced under the recall? ........The only problem I see with BRP and the G2 is not promoting and pushing them harder on the BASS side. I've talked to several Elites that would love to run one but don't get a good enough incentive to do so.
    Last edited by Roosterman; 04-15-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I don't own one but they look like impressive motors. The negative stories you hear aren't any more frequent than the other brands. If I was buying a new boat I would consider one in a heartbeat as long as I had a good dealer close by.

You do now that you've moved south. A very good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    So you are saying that BRP needs to do away with the cleanest, most efficient, latest technology motor and go backwards? ........The reliability of the 4 strokes, does that include the 100s of Shos that blew their powerheads and the 1,000s more that had a head replaced under the recall? ........The only problem I see with BRP and the G2 is not promoting and pushing them harder on the BASS side. I've talked to several Elites that would love to run one but don't get a good enough incentive to do so.
    Don t worry about him...hates Evinrudes and bashes them every chance he gets.

9. Banned
    No, they cant drop the etec. Too much invested in rnd but im sure they could make a quality 4 stroke to stay in reach with the rest. Yamaha took care of the problem with the 4.2L back in 2012 and now the SHO is one of the most desirable motors for bass boaters.

Jim R,
    I think some of you Evinrude guys are still butt hurt since 2000.

10. Member
    Don’t the oil changes on a 4 stroke cost like $300?

11. Banned
    Should be under $100.

[QUOTE=

Jim R,
    I think some of you Evinrude guys are still butt hurt since 2000.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that's almost 20 years ago. Wow!

I look at innovation and my answers have been met.

Agree with your SHO comment. Very impressive motor. However, hard to get them globally right now.

I hope we don't get to far away from the OP.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Don t worry about him...hates Evinrudes and bashes them every chance he gets.
    This.^ He got the “sit in your corner” talk from Al for his posts on the Evinrude forum. Not sure what his problem is, but what he’s selling, I’m not buying.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    This.^ He got the “sit in your corner” talk from Al for his posts on the Evinrude forum. Not sure what his problem is, but what he’s selling, I’m not buying.
    Maybe he's forgotten the talk from Al. Perhaps Al needs to remind him again.

Jim R,
    I think some of you Evinrude guys are still butt hurt since 2000.[/QUOTE]

My only experience with Evinrude is my 2008 E-Tec, which I purchased in 2010. I had a lower unit go, and BRP took good care of me. They did even better on the injector issue I had. It is easy to love a motor with no issues. That wasn't my experience, but my loyalty comes from how they treated me when things weren't right.

[/B]

You do now that you've moved south. A very good one at that.
    Yep, my next boat might have one on it. Heck, I even think they look awesome too.

17. Member
    first 2 tournaments of season FACT I have a Team in my club running 2017 250 G2. He has had to troll both tournaments as it wouldn't start. Yes they fixed it and warrantied the work but that doesn't help you on the water after you've paid your entry fee.
    His words not mine" it always gets fixed but it keeps leaving me stranded"

18. Member
    Lots of Brands can leave you stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    first 2 tournaments of season FACT I have a Team in my club running 2017 250 G2. He has had to troll both tournaments as it wouldn't start. Yes they fixed it and warrantied the work but that doesn't help you on the water after you've paid your entry fee.
    His words not mine" it always gets fixed but it keeps leaving me stranded"
    Per my OP and the comments from actual owners I'm sold on the Etec G2. My mind is made up.

20. Banned
    Yes I have heard of some issues but it’s like a hot blonde.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast