Another Lure ID inquiry

Came into an estate; trying to ID some I can't figure out
    thanks in advance

2. Member
    Top right is Strike King series 3 or 4, two Luhr Jensen Hot Lips, bottom left is a Rebel Jumping Minnow I think is what is called. The Spook looking bait I don’t know there’s lots of different ones that copied a Spook.

3. Member
    Your good DMoore; I thought bottom left was Rebel, has the signature striations on the side. The blue one is very spook-like and was in the box I bought next to a pristine old spook, which threw me off. Were any Spooks unmarked?
    thanks for your response
    Last edited by Cruiser; 04-10-2018 at 08:45 PM.

4. Member
    Cruiser-I don't know of any Spooks that were unmarked, but doesn't mean that there are none. The Spook looking lure, the best I can tell in the photo, has a much too shiny finish to be a Spook KO IMO. Is it possible it has been re-painted? If the length and the hardware match up to a Spook, re-paint would be my guess.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Cruiser-I don't know of any Spooks that were unmarked, but doesn't mean that there are none. The Spook looking lure, the best I can tell in the photo, has a much too shiny finish to be a Spook KO IMO. Is it possible it has been re-painted? If the length and the hardware match up to a Spook, re-paint would be my guess.
    Eddie you may be right. I took another look at the hardware and it’s Heddon hardware. I bet it’s been painted.

6. Member
    Interesting observations on the spook lure; here are some pics comparing to the Zara it was next to in the box I bought. The body on the blue one is slightly thicker and has a slightly different taper, per my caliper. But, close. Hardware seems to match. I will say this; if it's a re-paint; the guy(or gal) who did it is good, VERY good. Beautiful finish; as nice as any lure I have.