Thread: Wiring diagrams

Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar

Post Wiring diagrams

These images are unavailable right now. I’ve contacted Mick to see if we can get them restored on another server. I may have found them in another thread, but I’m not sure. You can see them at http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10815637 for now. I’ll try to get it cleaned up when I hear back from Mick.

John

These came with my boat. They were already "scans" so uploading a better quality image isn't possible. If needed, print them out and with a little time and maybe a magnifying glass, you can make heads or tails from them. Hopefully they help out some of you!

Last edited by CatFan; 01-27-2020 at 09:39 AM.

2. Member
    Thank you sir. I will sort through the images and see if I can figure this alarm thing out. I appreciate the info because I had nothing about the boat.

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Glad ya found the piezo buzzer! As you've probably noticed, these diagrams are just for the "boats" wiring.. The alarm buzzer is part of the merc/outboard wiring.

4. Member
    I took the piezo out and tested it and it's fine so the problem must be in the oil/temp sending units I guess, I'm not having much luck tracing the wires though. looks like there are a blue/white and a tan/yellow (might be light purple/yellow) wires coming off the piezo. I'm trying to find where they go on the motor.
    P.S. Actually the wires coming off the piezo are black and red but they plug into the wires I mentioned before.
    I found some really god schematics on the web but would you believe none of them show the wiring for the piezo? Maybe I should just get a canoe,
    Last edited by txbasshound; 07-18-2018 at 04:31 PM.

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    You need a good (OEM) manual for your particular motor. It'll have the testing procedures to track down your problem!

6. Member
    LMAO...I'll probably find one on the same day I hit the lottery. I appreciate your help sir. I'm trying to trank down a manual. I found a pretty good one on line but it doesn't show the piezo so I'm still digging.

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    What motor? This is the basics for a Merc EFI..

Last edited by Mickstix; 07-20-2018 at 09:26 AM.

8. Member
    Thank you friend. I will use this to see if I can track it down. Read another post that suggested it might be the warning module so I'm going to look into that too. This stuff will make you crazy lol...but I guess it's a necessary evil. If I don't get something figured out soon, guess I'll have to pony up and take it to a shop. Like doing stuff myself when I can but jeeze...might be out of my league.

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Hope ya got it sorted! Electrical gremlins are the worst, by far, imo..