Pretty fair day yesterday

Hit a small local lake yesterday afternoon for about three hrs. Had 23 crappie, mostly all on one of my gold/chartreuse hackle ties 1/16 oz. Broke off enough that I started using Elec Chicken chartr body with pink hackle tail--opposite of normal. Biggest one was 13". Then I got into some bream and starting messing around. Ended up using a crappiedreamer screwloc in 1/16 oz with #2 sickle just for grins. Took over two dozen of them using a hot chicken.com Slabalicious. One grub for it all and I believe I can still get some mileage out of it. There was a post some weeks ago about these type jigs. Worked awesome, bream were choking on it. First time I've used a plastic since I started tying my own last year. Neat not to have to adjust grub or change out so often. Impressed. btw A #2 sickle was not a problem for these bream. Many were 9.5- 10", but I also had some around 6-7" that had no problem with the bait.

2. Member
    Good job!

3. Member
    Like to say I nailed 'em again today.....but some days you're the dog and some days the hydrant. At least I was out fishing. 2 crappie, 4 bream and a few LITTLE bass. Oh well...

We hit 2 different lakes today , blanked at the 1st one ... caught 15 shorts at the other lake, going to try some different lakes tomorrow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishingstud View Post
    We hit 2 different lakes today , blanked at the 1st one ... caught 15 shorts at the other lake, going to try some different lakes tomorrow
    How in the heck are you avoiding this terrible wind? We're thinking we are going to have to hit the rivers to get away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    How in the heck are you avoiding this terrible wind? We're thinking we are going to have to hit the rivers to get away from it.
    we play the wind , find a cove or Bank , to get out of it.

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Sounds like a good time !

8. T Dub
    Where do you get your screw-lock jig heads?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    Where do you get your screw-lock jig heads?
    I got mine from a fellow on crappie.com user name crappiedreamer. His name is Jeff Geiger. He's in OHIO, seems a very nice guy. His are way less expensive than 4x4's. Plus Jeff will pretty much try to get you what you want as in head weight, hook size, color. Good stuff. His handties are pretty awesome as well--at least the pics I have seen. I have his address I can pm you, phone number too

10. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    I got mine from a fellow on crappie.com user name crappiedreamer. His name is Jeff Geiger. He's in OHIO, seems a very nice guy. His are way less expensive than 4x4's. Plus Jeff will pretty much try to get you what you want as in head weight, hook size, color. Good stuff. His handties are pretty awesome as well--at least the pics I have seen. I have his address I can pm you, phone number too
    While waiting for your reply I got curious and joined crappie.com and sent him a PM, lol. If he doesn't reply I'll take his info. Thanks!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    While waiting for your reply I got curious and joined crappie.com and sent him a PM, lol. If he doesn't reply I'll take his info. Thanks!

He will. Stand up guy and if you deal with him it will be a pleasant exchange. Spent some time talking about tying, etc. He's good. I try.

12. Member
    T Dub saw over there that you got some from Jeff. Good product for sure, great guy to deal with.

13. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    T Dub saw over there that you got some from Jeff. Good product for sure, great guy to deal with.
    Yeah, he seems like a really nice guy. Can’t believe I wasted so many plastics over the years! I love these new heads. I’m gonna order some more for next year and see if he makes any weedless ones.

14. Member
    Haven't heard anything about weedless, but he would probably consider all options if there was interest enough to warrant a mold. I don't throw so much plastic since I started tying, but I can attest that they will last a lot longer on these heads. I'm way high in the 30's on one EC Slabalicious by SK.