Best way to anchor new bilge pump?

I'm replacing all of my old pumps and plumbing on the 184. The old Mayfair pumps had plastic brackets attached to the stringer. I'm replacing them with Johnson cartridge pumps. What's the best way to anchor them to the bottom?

2. Member
    Mine just sit in the bilge they are not anchored down and i have no issues...Things are so tight in there anyway.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Looks like to me, the Johnson bilge pump has mounting tabs.

http://www.spxflow.com/en/assets/pdf...02_11_2017.pdf

4. Member
    There is usually no need to anchor, the hose and the tight fit amongst everything else keeps them in place.

5. Banned
    If it were me I'd take a piece of plywood and epoxy it to the hull and screw it down... You'd have to clean and rough up a spot in the bilge... That's how I'd do it... Dan

6. Member
    I've always stuck mine down with some silicone. Just a quick dab or two on the bottom, and let it squish out.

I switched to the Tsunami style, base stays for a lot of years, of course being plastic I figure will get brittle with age. as all the other boat plastic stuff does lolo.. But when motor goes, easy pop out and in with a new motor ,using previous base.. little daub of Vaseline on o ring...