Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    With the full factory warranties on boat, motor and electronics... If I found one I liked and the price was right... In heart beat... Dan

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Is like buying a used taxi or cop car.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Not all of them.

4. Member
    I have friends here that have bought Brandon Palaniuks boat and one of my good friends is buying his at the end of the 2018 season. I can’t speak for every pro but Brandon takes great care of his boat all year and does a remarkable job equipping it and cleaning up all the wiring that the factory just stuffs into balls. When you receive the boat it will generally have about 200-250hrs on the motor but will come With full factory warranty starting when you purchase the boat. The majority of the hours on the motor are usually at idle. So I wouldn’t be afraid if you know who your buying from...

5. Member
    It all depends on the pro.

6. Member
    I bet most take good care of them. I read on here all the time about everyday Joes who run their boats like they stole them and don't have issues. Why would a Pro or boat company or motor company want to sell you a POS and risk keeping their good name? That kind of news travel's far and fast I would think.

7. Member
    I purchased an elite's 2016 boat in Feb of 2017. I could tell it had been used when I dug through everything, but it was still super clean. The boat was loaded with every factory option available except the live well cooling feature, plus some extra non factory add-on's. If I would have bought it brand new in 2016 it would cost me approx $22-23K extra. The warranty did not start as "Day One", but it still had plenty of factory warranty on it. I was able to get the extended platinum warranty on the motor as if it were new. I do know the boat was not free to the pro I got it from, but you know these guys get huge discounts on everything from their sponsors. I imagine there are some pro's that do not care, but I would think the majority of them do. If their boat breaks on the water during a trny, well there goes that 50k-100k check. You cant judge it by what all is done during a trny. Motor care is definitely an issue, but if you that worried about it get the extended warranty. I don't know about you but when I get back from a trny, my boat is a mess. A day or two going through it, cleaning inside and out, minor maintenance to ensure all is good and I am ready for the next one. I have had to have a few things repaired, under warranty, but not anything that may or may not have happened to any other 2 year old serious tournament boat.

When it comes down to it, you can save bunch of money on a premium product.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Not even close.... A used taxi or cop car usually has 100-200k miles on it and usually ragged out

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Depends on the pro.
    this!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    Not even close.... A used taxi or cop car usually has 100-200k miles on it and usually ragged out
    And 250 hours in one season is not a lot? Some guys don't do that in 5 years. Heck, i picked up my 3 year old ranger with 20 hours on it for 20 grand less then what a new one would have cost me.

11. Member
    Depends on the person you’re buying from and the price. I’ve known a couple I’d buy from in a heartbeat. If not new warranties then most only transfer a ten year hull to second owner. So, knowing how it’d been run would be important and how willing the factory typically fixed problems would play in for me. How far away the brand of motor good techs would as well.

Like JTrac I saved tons on a gently used two year old boat with only 15 hours on it with last boat. Someone else bought it at half price off new at 8 years old garaged queen with only 120 hours on it 1.5 years ago. ALL required maintenance plus some had been done on the entire rig. I just wanted something small and easier than a 20’ glass rig. There are all kinds of ways to save for a shopper with patience.

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    And 250 hours in one season is not a lot? Some guys don't do that in 5 years.
    I won't do 250 hours in 5 years here in Canada but when I'm in Texas, I put 20-25 hours a month on my engine.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

I would have zero issue buying a pros boat. I'd use it the same way they are using it and I know they have to keep their tools in great working order so that they don't break down.

14. Member
    Only if it is Andy Morgan's no other pro has a boat I would want.

Kinda like i thought it would be. Those that have actually done it have mostly had positive experiences.

My very first Ranger was from an FLW pro, kept and used the boat for a couple years before I sold it and had no regrets. I kept it looking new like it did when I bought it and the couple that bought it from me drove several hundred miles from NorCal and took it home the same day. Like others have said, it really depends on the pro.

17. Member
    I would depending on the pro. I know the Lee brothers really well. I'd buy Matt's boat, not Jordan's.

There was a pro boat that I absolutely would have bought if I didn't already have one on order.

20K savings. For that I can by a new engine when needed
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Kinda like i thought it would be. Those that have actually done it have mostly had positive experiences.
    Yep they have no idea of what they’re talking about!!

20. Member
    I would consider an older pros boat, probably has been driven more sensibly, someone like Mark Davis.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast