talon clutch assembly

Has anyone ever replaced a clutch assembly on a 2011 2 stage talon before? if so any tips or pointers on what to watch out for before i tackle it? My talon spike will not retract and now it will not deploy either, after pulling cover off all cables are in place and seem to be intact when pressing up or down arrows the clutch does not engage or move the talon spike. just looking to do this myself before the tournament season starts but if all else fails ill bring it in if i have to. thanks in advance.

2. Member
    this can be done pretty easily. Remove the covers.Be carefull when removing the push button cover. Very imortant to remember what crews go in that cover. The same screws have to go back or else the second stage will jam with the wrong screws. Then take the motor off. Three Screws here. You need a 13/16 socket and a 7/16 wrench. Unscrew the nut using the 7/16 as backup on the opposite end of the shaft. It will be a little hard to unscrew because it has loc-tight. You may find the pads on e-bay or some swap shop.
    There are no more parts available for this talon from Minn Kota. If this is your problem you may be screwed.