Hole shot: Jack plate up or down?

Do you guys keep your jack plate at the level of best top end performance and leave it there for the hole shot? Or do you use a different setting for hole shot then change it once on plane? I have heard some folks say to raise it up high for the best hole shot then lower it to the sweet spot for running on plane. Does the jack plate setting affect hole shot?

2. Member
    Depends on setup and prop. Bravos holehsot better the higher you run them, many props like to be buried. Higher makes for less bow lift and a flatter holeshot.

3. Member
    Your best hole shot will be close to your best top performance. Only time I raise mine up is in shallow water . If your proped for top end most times your hole shot is average at best . It’s give and take . Just mash the peddle to the floor if it over revs start choking holes . If it struggles to get up open them up a little at a time .

4. Member
    On my setup full up on the jack plate, full down on the trim, the bow will have little rise. If I forget to raise the jack plate and trim in, the bow will raise much higher, The higher the jack plate the lower the bow.

5. Member
    I have found the best starting position for hole shots is to position the top of motors cowling parallel to the waters surface before take off.

6. Member
    Its all subject to the boat, load and prop.