Finished rigging the Phelix

I bought a Phelix this spring after selling a Cougar that I had for 10yrs. I rarely fish more than 2hrs from my home and don’t fish any big tournament trails anymore. I couldn’t find too much info on these when I was shopping, but I saw and knew enough to know its what I wanted, so I thought this thread might could give some info on what could be done to one of these. Yes, buying all this stuff new would probably be overkill, but I got a great deal on the hull and motor and had alot of the rest either laying around or left over from my cougar when I sold it.

It has an older suzuki 4 stroke and thats the only thing I would like to change. It runs good but it weighs about 210lbs and with the extra batteries is a little heavy in the back, although not overly so. Owuld love to find an older 2 stroke yamaha 25-40 thats 160 or so. I put a 24v xi5 trollingmotor on it, so I am running a full 3 battery system - overkill - but its awesome and I was used to that configuration. I had to substitute a 3 gallon gas tank instead of the 6 it had to make it all fit. But, I ran about 15 miles total last trip out at almost wot and made it back with gas to spare, so I am comfortable with that. It only runs about 23mph though.

Rigged up with a hook 7 for GPS at the bow, with an older lcx38c hd for sonar - love that large front area to mount them with plenty of room and no getting in the way. Put a elite ti 9 with a totalscan transducer on the back, have yet to use it though with the totalscan - thinking I may need to get a setback plate to make it work without completely tilting the motor up way high for sidescan, but it might be ok.

The livewell is good sized, and I like how simple the operation is, I think it would be pushing it to hold over 10-12lbs of fish for an all day tournament though. The storage I miss, but I have got a good tackle bag and can set some rods up on the passenger seat area and its working ok. Overall I think its a great little boat - took about 3 trips to feel comfortable - but now I see no reason to go back to a huge boat for the time being. I have always heard good things about the model, and I can now confirm.

https://imgur.com/gallery/NaHF9

2. Member
    Looks good
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

3. Member
    Good move. I have been searching for a Phelix in my general area for quite some time. In my opinion it is the finest small water/backwater fishing platform in the history of man.

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Nice! I’ve only had my Phelix out once to break in the Honda, but hope to get it out this next week before I have surgery and won’t be able to fish again until Fall. It’s such a stable platform, most people just don’t know much about it. I saw a guy on a saltwater forum that built tower stands on his that we’re pretty cool and helped me make the decision to buy. I’m anxious to get out again.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.