Tuckertown reservoir question

Hello Fellow BBCers:

I was out at tuckertown recently playing around with my mega imaging in deep water and I have a question for the old timers on here. I put in at 49 brodge came out of that cove and before I reached the current bridge I found some old bridge pilings in about 40-45 foot of water was there ever a bridge about 30 yards towards the dam? I didnt get to check as much as Id like. Anybody else know of any secret spots on Tuckertown?

2. Member
    just judging by the alignment of the road (curves to the left north bound) I'd say they built the current bridge to the west of an older one.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

looking on NC hwy it appears that is the old hwy 62 bridge built between 1927 - 1930. the hwy 62 was before hwy 49 was built to link by cutting thru mt pleasant thru Richfield and linked 49 to 62 (around 1933)just before where the tackle shop is today
    Last edited by Frank A; 04-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

There was a bridge there. There was a picture in a book my dad had on the Yadkin. I cannot remember the name of the book though. There was also a waterfall on Tuckertown North of Hwy 49. Little is known about the waterfall though.

5. Member
    Saw where an 11lb+was just caught on TTown
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

I have some old home movies when they were building the dam. May need to get them out and watch them .
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.