Minn Kota Terrova Problem

In my driveway, I put down the motor. The Green light "System Ready" is on, but the Red light "Autopilot On" does not come on.

With the foot control plugged in, none of it's controls work. So I turn on the remote control and get the message "Motor Not Found".

Any ideas on what's going on? It was working fine last year before I put the boat in storage.

Thanks, Brian

2. Member
    Sounds like a board issue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Sounds like a board issue.
    Dang, I hope not.

4. Member
    You said neither the foot pedal or the remote work. the foot pedal plugs in directly to the board. It should work even though the remote does not. It could also be the foot pedal. You need to bring to an ASC and let them look at it. they have all the tools to figure the problem. You are a little far from me. LOL

5. Member
    Thanks Bradrodfish,

Minn Kota directed me to an ASC in my area. I called them, they said that the cost could be around $400 parts and labor. They are three to four weeks out to get it fixed.

Is is this something I could do myself if I ordered the parts? And will the new parts be under warranty?

Thanks, Brian

6. Member
    Took the Terrova to the local ASC. Foot control worked for him okay, but the Remote battery is not charging, it will need replaced.

He he has determined that the I Pilot link control head is bad and will need replaced.

So so why do I Pilot link control heads go bad? The Terrova is no longer under warranty, but it hasn’t had that much use. It couldn’t have been a power surge, because it is fused and the fuse was still good. Kind of frustrating.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSF View Post
    Took the Terrova to the local ASC. Foot control worked for him okay, but the Remote battery is not charging, it will need replaced.

He he has determined that the I Pilot link control head is bad and will need replaced.

So so why do I Pilot link control heads go bad? The Terrova is no longer under warranty, but it hasn’t had that much use. It couldn’t have been a power surge, because it is fused and the fuse was still good. Kind of frustrating.
    Replace the battery and try to pair it. If the foot pedal works it is more than likely your remote.
    Please release me,let me go.