Tires for Shooter Wheels

Just wondering what tires guys are running with their Shooter wheels? My tires are shot, and I've been running the Mastercraft Avengers with good success, but honestly don't love the white lettering on them. Seems like guys are running different tires with their 2017/2018s, but can't tell that they are from pictures. Thanks in advanced!

2. Member
    Bass Cat is using General Tires Altimax tires on current production trailers. I replaced my Mastercraft Avengers with the GT Altimax tire about 4 months ago and its a little early to tell but they ride fine so far. My boat is 2013 Eyra with the shooter wheels.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatSC View Post
    Bass Cat is using General Tires Altimax tires on current production trailers. I replaced my Mastercraft Avengers with the GT Altimax tire about 4 months ago and its a little early to tell but they ride fine so far. My boat is 2013 Eyra with the shooter wheels.
    Ok thanks, I'm going to give those a try!

4. Member
    Also many like the Goodyear Endurance tires. These are actual trailer tires, made here in the US (no china bombs) and seem to be developing quite a following. The OWL/WL tires are almost gone if you look at trailer specific tires, plenty around in auto/LT tires..
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    There's another thread that was just up here where guys weighed in on tires. I took the advice and went with some maxxis UE 168's. They're on my trailer now and are bad ass. You can tell the quality. Search the old thread for pics

The Maxxis UE-168 isn't sporty or pretty - but, it's the best and most overbuilt trailer tire I've ever used. They're designed for tall panel truck like the Mercedes Sprinter, so they have awesome sidewalls and weight ratings. They market them in Europe as replacement tires for 5th wheel campers and are the darling of the RV websites here in the US. They're not ST tires, but LT and rated for realistic freeway speeds. I have nearly 5 years on my current set and they still look virtually new. They get 150-200 miles a week - every weekend it's not storming. They pull like a dream and don't heat up at all on the interstate. I need to replace them due to age, but have a hard time getting around to it since they look so good. Be aware - they'll probably have to be ordered by your tire shop and take a few days to get in.

7. Member
    Plus 1 for the endurance tires. I put them on last fall and best trailer tires ever. Super smooth and quiet. I run them at 44 lbs of pressure on dual ax,e with a cougar. Never have had any issues. Old tires were from 2009 so just wanted to avoid issues.

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I have the Mastercraft tires on my Caracal trailer. (original tires) If I was buying new tires, I would get whatever brand BassCat currently uses.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

9. Member
    Are the General Altimax car tires?

Don't know if they are car tires but I'm extremely happy with them and the performance after 10,000 miles. When I first saw them on my new trailer, they looked like a real quality tire!
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R