Thread: Dale hollow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dale hollow

I will be with several friends from Illinois trying Dale for the first time this weekend. I see the weather will be unstable this weekend so it may be a difficult bite. We aren’t tourny fishing or coming for meat, just a fun five day getaway. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. If you prefer Pm I understand..thanks

Sent you a PM
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

3. Member
    Thnx fellas! Although it’s gonna be cooler temps, I’m looking forward to the trip!

Dale Hollow Classic up the Obey this weekend so keep that in mind.
    Good timing...it is on fire.
    Not gonna tell you what to throw but JB comes to mind for smallies.
    Largemouth are starting on bed so good sight fishing also.

It was really slow last week. Most fish were holding out in the channels due to water temp drop. I imagine it will be break loose any day, if it hasn't already. I would say you are hitting it right.

6. Member
    What’s the current water temps at Dale? We will be heading down first week in May.

7. Member
    Water temp was 55-57 last weekend mid lake. Don't think it it would have warmed up much this week.

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JYoung022 View Post
    Water temp was 55-57 last weekend mid lake. Don't think it it would have warmed up much this week.
    Hasn’t changed much in a month. That is only a few degrees warmer than it was when we were down mid March.

Been a weird month here in TN, snowed all day last Monday was in the mid 70's by Friday. The lakes are all colder than they should be by now.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

10. Member
    Thanks for all the advice fellas. As a group, we caught 3 over 5 lbs, a lot of 4+ lbers, and some really good fighting 2-3 lbers. And my best day of fishing was the really cold with snow day last week. To top it off, we had numerous largemouth that also went over 5 lbs. fun place to visit!

11. Member
    Anybody doing any good today? We have tried everything and can’t buy a bite. Haven’t seen any on beds either but the water is up a foot or so.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meena View Post
    Anybody doing any good today? We have tried everything and can’t buy a bite. Haven’t seen any on beds either but the water is up a foot or so.
    It was slow over the weekend too. Best producer was a swimbait, around spawning areas. The full moon put them on bed.

13. Member
    I was down yesterday and today. Caught about a dozen each day. One brown over yesterday and several nice 3lbers both days. Most everything came on a swimbait in 8-12' of water fished over grass. Water temp when I left was 63. It looked like the bigger ones were spawned out but I caught a few nice largemouth which were still full.

14. robdy72
    fished the last weekend it was tough, never did put anything together only managed two in 5 hrs.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robdy72 View Post
    fished the last weekend it was tough, never did put anything together only managed two in 5 hrs.
    It was tough on us too we finally managed to put somewhat of a pattern together with a small double Willow spinner bait on channel banks in the bigger creeks.

16. Member
    We finally caught a few with 4# the biggest. Everything came on Shakey Head worm in 10-15 fow. Toughest trip we have ever had down there. Weather was beautiful though.

17. Member
    You guys going down in the next couple weeks keep us posted on how things are doing. Since we left I just know they are going to turn on!

18. Member
    Leaving in a couple minutes. It's going to be wet, but no t storms so they say.

19. Member
    I will be fishing Dale on Tuesday. First time on that lake for me.

20. Member
    Carolina rig in the grass was producing well yesterday morning until the t storm ran us off. Wish we would have been able to stay out. It was shaping up to be a real good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast