Thread: New Tires

New Tires

I remember quite some time ago disucssions on tires. I had a tire go bad yesterday and another one that needs to be replaced, based on that I will replace all four. Been doing some looking and find that the Goodyear Endurance and one of the Carlisle tires are D rated and have a higher speed rating. The tires I have are Trail Masters which came on the Boatmate trailer when I picked up the rig in Aug 2014. I probably have 10,000 miles or close and couldn't believe when I pulled the flat and looked at it. Curious what others have done with tires, trailer tires, lt tires or car tires. I put the spare on so I'm not in crises mode at this time.

2. Member
    I've had better luck with car tires myself

3. Member
    I still have the original tires on mine. The tread is getting low and thinking about replacing them before I head to California next month. Estimate about 30000 on mine.

I'll replace with something from Les Schwab I have had really good luck with them.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

4. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I got the endurances like them so far ......they are much improved from the marathons....maxis is a another good option.....I got my tires from discount tire direct,,,,they have deals sometimes too....free shipping

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

5. Member
    Had Good Year Marathons on mine from 08. Just replaced them with Good Year Marathons before the Ice Pirate Rally.. I would guess they had 50k miles or better ..

Hey Dean, seen your post in the trailer section and I'm having the same wear pattern - outside edge on both starboard tires. Port side are fine. Mine is a 2013 trailer with the same brand and size of tires as yours. What side are you having issues with???

7. Member
    Mine are on the right side (Starbord). Both look the same, the left side look ok. I am going to replace all 4 with the Goodyear Endurance D rated ST tire tomorrow. They cost a little more and I guess I will have to keep closer tabs on the tires, couldn't even imagine having a tire problem since I picked up the rig in Aug 2014. I am very disappointed that they only lasted this short amount of miles, less than 10,000. I wonder if the axles are installed crooked causing this issue and not sure how to even check it without taking it to frame/chassis shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker3.2XS View Post
    Hey Dean, seen your post in the trailer section and I'm having the same wear pattern - outside edge on both starboard tires. Port side are fine. Mine is a 2013 trailer with the same brand and size of tires as yours. What side are you having issues with???

I have the Maxxis on mine, so far they have been great.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

9. Member
    I think i would have that trailer looked at Dean something is wrong to only get that many miles out of tires and for one side to be wearing quicker than the other.

10. Member
    Sounds like a manufacturing defect in the trailer. I'd be calling the trailer manufacturer and see what they will do to stand behind their product.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

11. Member
    I put the Goodyear Endurance tires on yesterday. I will keep tabs on them for any irregular wear. The original tires probably weren't the best. I did keep one for a extra if ever needed. I may call Boatmate and see what they say, I have been impressed with there customer service in the past. When I was in Tenn I called them about a bunk problem, took the trailer over and they replaced 2 of the bunks the same day with only a hour pre notification.