Caught a few fish and met a fellow BBC'er last week

So last week my family went to Gaston for Spring break along with my brothers family. As far a fishing goes, I would of have died of starvation if I was depending on the fish for food. But speaking of food I had a neighbor at the lake bring me a couple Stripers. So on Thursday I made some home made BBQ, Smoked Chicken Wings, Striper dip, and home made Cole Slaw. I will never go hungry. I was hoping a couple other guys could make it over but it just did not work out. But I did get to meet K Mac and his family. Another great example of some fine country folk. He came over an got some of the good stuff and talked a little fishing. We tried helping each other all week with the fishing but it was just a little slow.

As far as a summary of the week for my family and I, we caught mainly small fish in the 11-14 inch range. Caught a few decent ones in the 2.25-3.25 range and I caught 1 that was 3lb 14oz. Most fish were caught on a spinnerbait. Most of the smallest fish were caught on a wacky Senko, and a couple were caught on a jerk bait. The jerk bait fish were all caught on bridges in about 10 FOW. The spinnerbait fish came mainly out of stump fields. The wacky Senko's caught fish mainly at the edges of grass. Water temps were the warmest in the back of Hawtree creek at 65 degrees. While most of the fish caught come out of Great Creek. ( because that is where the house is) with temps ranging from 58-63. Then the remaining fish come out of Pea Hill with temps in the 60-63 degree range.

So I will try again this weekend although it will be in a tidal river around here somewhere. I am scared about the water temps I will see this weekend. I expect the Mattaponi to be approx. 50-53 and the Pamunkey to be 52-55.

Once again good to meet ya K Mac and I am sure we will fish again soon.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Good meeting you and your family as well. Appreciate y'all having me over and letting me eat. Roger makes some damn good smoked wings and his mom has an awesome recipe for some striper dip. We'll definitely get together for some more fishing this year.

Fishing was slow for sure but finally caught some numbers on Friday. Worked hard for them in some pretty nasty wind. Most of mine were caught on jerkbaits and spinnerbaits in cooler water, got a couple flipping docks with a creature bait in Hawtree.

Thanks to FireBassr as well for helping me out, nice to catch up with you Friday morning.
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

3. Member
    Sounds like y'all had a good week.. I have been given permission from Wife and Doc (post knee surgery) to fish this weekend.
    Semper Fi

Hey Kyle, glad to hear ya'll finally got on some more bites after stopping by Friday. Was great to get to meet your Dad. Catch up with you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Sounds like y'all had a good week.. I have been given permission from Wife and Doc (post knee surgery) to fish this weekend.
    Glad to hear recovery is going well

Quote Originally Posted by FireBassr View Post
    Hey Kyle, glad to hear ya'll finally got on some more bites after stopping by Friday. Was great to get to meet your Dad. Catch up with you soon.