Thread: Frustrated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frustrated

It seems as if every trip the last few weeks, I have at least 1 person approach me and say “Wow that’s a good looking boat. I’ve been hearing lots of great things about the new Charger. How you like it?”

I have my response scripted by now -“Thank you. I love it, but it is not the Charger/Champion 210. It’s actually 4 years old and an original designed Charger 496.”

I’m just not feeling any love for the 496.

On a side note, I am loving the 496. Fishes great, lots of storage, and rides as good or better than any boat I’ve owned which includes old school Champion 202, Champion 210 and Bass Cat Puma.

Really tested it this weekend at Toledo Bend with some strong winds and I was impressed not only how I didn’t have 1 single back jarring hit, but it fished really good in the wind too.

But remember - it’s a 496 not a 210 and I’m proud to own this red headed step child.
    Last edited by barbarian; 04-11-2018 at 12:39 PM.

2. Banned
    Maybe someday you'll join the "cool crowd"... Dan

3. Member
    They do ride good. The wind was kicking at Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and I was more than comfortable. Bobby396 says the 596 is by far the best riding boat, but its bigger and there aren't that many out there for sale. I am interested in a ride comparison between mine and the 210. Maybe Jim Dunn will take me for a spin in a couple weeks!?

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Charger still hasn’t made a boat that competes with the 596 so I’ll just keep mine and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    They do ride good. The wind was kicking at Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and I was more than comfortable. Bobby396 says the 596 is by far the best riding boat, but its bigger and there aren't that many out there for sale. I am interested in a ride comparison between mine and the 210. Maybe Jim Dunn will take me for a spin in a couple weeks!?
    Yes sir. A ride is in your future.
    Last edited by Jim Dunn; 04-09-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    I got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post

On a side note, I am loving the 496. Fishes great, lots of storage, and rides as good or better than any boat I’ve owned which includes old school Champion 202, Champion 210 and Bass Cat Puma.

Really tested it this weekend at Toledo Bend with some strong winds and I was impressed not only how I didn’t have 1 single back jarring hit, but it fished really good in the wind too.

But remember - it’s a 496 not a 210 and I’m proud to own this red headed step child.
    the 496 is not the ride of the 596 but it is faster!

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Charger still hasn’t made a boat that competes with the 596 so I’ll just keep mine and enjoy!
    You are 100% correct. Been in a couple of 210's and their great boats, but their not a 596. If I had to buy another boat right now it would be another 596.

I put an Ultrex on it a few weeks ago, now I can hold on the main lake points and humps I like to fish
    Last edited by Stompy; 04-11-2018 at 09:17 AM.

how's that ultrex for night fishing?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    Lol. Can’t tell you. And probably never will know but according to a few in the lounge ............

Night is for sleeping, don't night fish anymore, haven't in years.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Like staring into a blue Laser!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Like staring into a blue Laser!!!
    laser's are not good on the eyes! maybe one of the bbc members could come up with a switch to turn it off.

13. Banned
    god made this thing called tape

Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    I don't like crowds. I was actually part of the cool crowd before it was cool, but I made it cool. LOL

16. Member
    i had numerous 395's and 496's and dont think there was a better boat than these. The elites im no fan of they sucked to work on when they were in mt.home and still do. I cant get on board with the elite series, champion had their loyal followers and its good business for charger to capitolize on.

17. Banned
    I wonder how many boats of the 3-4-5 series Charger has made since the elite lineup came out? How does the price compare between the 2 models? I’m finding the heated seats and flir camera a bit unnecessary for my needs.

Barbarian, is the boat growing on you after being in the rough water or are you still missing your Cat?

Those heated seats are great. It was 28 Sunday morning, wished I could have got my whole body on them.
    In honesty I've only had my camera out once. That was just to check and see where it could be viewed.
    I got nothin

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Merc doc you are right about working on the charger I have put electronics on several and it’s about 10 minutes to run the transducer wire .Cant say that on other brands I have done that to.Everything is open and easy to get to .

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc Doc View Post
    champion had their loyal followers and its good business for charger to capitolize on.
    Capitalize by price gouging thereby taking advantage of potential Elite buyers? I guess we will see when pricing comes out.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast