Thread: Boiled Peanuts

Boiled Peanuts

Ran across a video and decided to give it a try. Using some seafood boil and cajun seasoning for flavor. Anyone out there boil peanuts? If so whats your recipe???

2. Member
    I like the crab boil and cajun seasoning also!! we use to fire up the propane fish fryer and boil them in the turkey pot in the garage when was piddling around

3. Member
    fill that turkey cooker with a bit of oil and try frying them sometime....yummy

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    In the shell ???

5. Member
    Yes,

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ran across a video and decided to give it a try. Using some seafood boil and cajun seasoning for flavor. Anyone out there boil peanuts? If so whats your recipe???
    There is a member on here, Greg Vick I believe that used to do them at ralleys, I remember post about Vicks nuts. you may be able to contact him.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    I will try that!!

8. Member
    I like to boil raw peanuts over my tripod as well...when I have day for hanging out with not much to do...I add a good amount of salt to water along with a pint of the cheapest bourbon I can buy (added to the water). Near the end of the long day when they are done...I like to separate them into two batches..one that gets removed and bagged...and the other stays on simmer for a few more hours with sliced jalapenos added to the water along with a bit of chili pepper for an interesting bit of kick.

9. Member
    Boiled punts are nasty.
    Bought some roadside in Florida once.

never cared for boiled, like oven roasted, and even best yet is M&M chocolate covered Peanuts