Fish conditioned to senkos?

I remember reading an article a long time ago about some research that shows that there are only a few baits that bass don't get conditioned to. The original rapala was supposed to be one of those according to these tests. I saw a comment on another post a few days ago about fish getting conditioned to senkos. I am curious as to what others' opinions are on this. I not saying that they are working 100% as well now as when I first started using them but they still seem to produce pretty consistently. I am tempted to think that there is something about them that keeps the fish from getting conditioned to them fully.

My friend, retired In-Fisherman writer Rich Zaleski, coined the term IDP...identity profile...to describe the cues that a lure presents to fish that might help them associate it with getting hooked and caught. His argument was that lures with low IDP's presents very few of these negative cues to the fish and are less likely to condition fish to them. In contrast, lres with a high IDP provides a lot of negative cues that fish can more quickly associate with being hooked and caught. A bait like a Rat-L-Trap or a chatterbait have a high IDP. Baits like a tube or Senko have a very low IDP. So, I seriously doubt that fish will ever become conditioned to a Senko.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I'd say they become conditioned to an extent but they're not going to stop catching fish. Like the IDP post above, finesse style baits won't drop off as bad as loud reaction type baits. Sure they have a natural enough look to them but there's nothing out there coming through the water that sounds like a trap, crank, or chatterbait. Run those by fish 20+ times a day and they will catch on pretty quick.
    The same thing happens with a senko or other finesse baits if they're constantly seeing them but its not as obvious as the loud reaction baits. I get more short strikes when they start getting weary vs. no strikes at all.

4. Member
    Zona did a Bass U video on dock skipping. And he uses either structure jig or wacky senko up until July 4th. Says they get conditioned to those by that time year. And switches to KVD sexy Frog or 4.75 Rage Swimmer. So i guess they can get conditioned to it. Its no different than them getting conditioned to a rattling lipless by begining of May. Alot of times u can switch to a silent lipless and get bites that you otherwise wouldnt have gotten. Hope this helps. That video on Bass U is Mark Zona Advanced Dock Skipping i believe.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9