Terrova iPilot Link with Helix 10 SI tips

I put it off for a year but decided to pull the trigger on upgrading my trolling motor to iPilot Link from an earlier, non-link iPilot version of the Terrova. It was delivered Friday! Install should be pretty easy since I'll be taking off the existing Terrova and simply bolting on a new one.

Does anyone have a link to a good sources of tips for setting up the Helix/iPilot Link for optimal effect and to avoid mistakes? FAQ, hints, tips, optimal placement of heading sensor... I've seen a pile of YouTube videos but they're almost like sales brochures with no 'deep dive' into stuff I'd likely want to know as an owner. One question already... Will it follow contours I've created using AutoChart Live or only the pre-made LakeMaster maps?

Also, I'll have an iPilot-equipped Terrova 80/60"/US2 to sell. What's the going rate for a good, used one?

2. Member
    I'm not sure why nobody replied...? I installed the motor over the weekend. One useful bit of info y'all might have offered up was that I would need a $30 cable adapter to connect the Terrova's ethernet cable to the port on the back of the Helix 10 si.

I'm not certain why this isn't noted more prominently in the documentation or why Johnson wouldn't simply include the cable with the $2100 trolling motor I just purchased. So... I ordered one and I'll wait.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPostman View Post
    I'm not sure why nobody replied...? I installed the motor over the weekend. One useful bit of info y'all might have offered up was that I would need a $30 cable adapter to connect the Terrova's ethernet cable to the port on the back of the Helix 10 si.

I'm not certain why this isn't noted more prominently in the documentation or why Johnson wouldn't simply include the cable with the $2100 trolling motor I just purchased. So... I ordered one and I'll wait.
    Because most people who purchase $2100 trolling motors have more than one graph, which means you do not need that cable - the cable from the TM would plug directly into the ethernet switch.