Thread: Lews reels

Lews reels

What are your top 3 favorite lews reels for your tournaments?
    what techniques are they meant for exp light lures etc

2. Banned
    If I had to pick 3:

Super Duty for braid/heavy applications.

Tournament Pro for my all around.

Pro Magnesium for my light baits.

The newest Super Duty and Pro G , I don't have a third.

4. Member
    Is the pro g better than the magnesium?

5. Member
    BB1Z for crankbaits
    Tournament Pro G - everything else

6. Member
    How come many of the pros don’t use the tournament pro g?

7. Banned
    It may be because of the size. The lfs and slp frames are too small for my hands/style. I feel like the original tournament pros were the most comfortable reel lews has ever offered.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    How come many of the pros don’t use the tournament pro g?
    Personal preference. Plus, they get a killer discount on reels, so they usually will opt for more top of the line since they get them for almost nothing.

For pros with contracts , tackle is included in the deal (you're talking serious money when somebody like a Timmy Horton signs with rod or reel company). They will fish top tier reels when money is on the line. And also conduct r&d with prototypes.

10. Scraps
    MBs, TPs, and BB1s. BB1s for cranking and other moving baits. The MBs seem to do well with lighter lures like jerkbaits but I turn the magnets off. TPs for flipping and some moving baits.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    I currently only own the lower end speed spool at $99 and it's got to be the best lower end reel i ever owned. Now saying with lew's new offering coming out later on the Team Lew's Pro-TI Im sure it will be one of the reels that could do all other then deep crank.

12. Member
    Hyper Mag
    custom speed spool msb
    team lite

13. Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies/suggestions! Lastly do you think they will drop in price in like a year? If so how much, I’m just curious how the market is when newer stuff comes out.

Thanks everyone for the replies/suggestions! Lastly do you think they will drop in price in like a year? If so how much, I’m just curious how the market is when newer stuff comes out.
    Lew's reels go on sale every April. Tackle Warehouse has some marked "clearance or closeout" that doesn't mean they are being discontinued , I asked Lew's the other day.
    For the best prices check ebay "buy it now" or Tackle Trap.

15. Member
    Tackle Trap Has treated me very well with the Lew’s reels I purchased. They are just a phone call away.

Quote Originally Posted by Albyfish View Post
    Tackle Trap Has treated me very well with the Lew’s reels I purchased. They are just a phone call away.
    Same here. I bought a Lew's for my son for Christmas. With the Tackle Trap BBC discount, the reel was less expensive than anywhere else that I looked.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

17. Member
    Lew's Custom Pro SLP or the HyperMag are my favorites

18. Scraps
    You could very economically outfit yourself with a fleet of MBs, on eBay for $105 ea, and be very happy. Beyond that, for long casting moving baits it's really nice to have a "200" size spool for more line. But this isn't an absolute necessity.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Member
    I have a ss1s. Right out the box when installing line the spool will quit turning. Level wind keeps working. Adjusted brakes,drag etc. took drag apart and reinstalled. Finally started working. Went fishing. Made several cast. Same thing again. Any ideas?