Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Rocketship, I'm not mad, just that I had ask for some info and it turn into Nothing and seem to be a traveling theme on all threads about dangerous roads, and yes Vanceboro and Pamlico don't care to much for New Bern, I guess it was coached into us to not like New Bern Schools. Thank you for serving this great country my friend to let us do what we love to do BE FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I agree man. Let’s just go fishing. I’m just messing with you but you handled it well. Honestly glad you are here at least you speak your mind and don’t have to be political correct. You have earned my respect sir.
    Cheers to that
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wells View Post
    Rocketship, I'm not mad, just that I had ask for some info and it turn into Nothing and seem to be a traveling theme on all threads about dangerous roads, and yes Vanceboro and Pamlico don't care to much for New Bern, I guess it was coached into us to not like New Bern Schools. Thank you for serving this great country my friend to let us do what we love to do BE FREE.
    And also to that. Cheers
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Haha. I can’t even catch a cold during tournament time. My little boy can beat me now. Good job this past week on Norman.
    Thank you, sir. You know the blind squirrel and the acorn theory!!!

5. Banned
    Fish are bedding, club member had 3 fish 15.46lbs, big fish was 8.54lbs, water temp 62, We saw a lot of dead crappie down around bridge area, and if someone don't get control of the commrants they will ruin that lake, they are a eaten machine and we saw 100's today.
    I agree with that also. The commrants are everywhere. We seen big flocks of them things in just about every creek on the lake. Fish are also on the beds now.

6. Member
    Jamie, I used to own a catfish farm, every year from around December you had to be on the look out for there scout, you had to kill him to keep the flock away, they would come in and eat your fingerlings, fish farm is a buffet for them, if they every found your farm it was on for couple months during the spring time, nothing to drive up to ponds and see 25-50 sitting in one pond diving and come up with a catfish twitching in the commrants lips, and when they saw you they wouldn't fly off because he was full and couldn't fly he just keep diving and eaten to you killed him, We had a permit to kill 7 a year, us farmers would forget how many we kill o we start over. Some states spry oil on there eggs to control them, down in Mississippi they are terrible, issues is the eat all your small bait and small bass, and they bring bacteria from other areas, the ant us o wash our trailer and boats live wells, but when 100's of them fly and swim in the stuff they carry it with them, they are the same way here on the coast also.

7. Banned
    Chris, They are getting bad here. Seems more and more every year. I lived in MS for a years and fished Ross Barnet and they things were everywhere and the fishing seems to be tough more times than not. I ran thru a flock one day in MS and hit one between the trolling motor and top of the boat doing about 70 mph and it looked like I hit a deer. There was blood and guts everywhere. I'm just glad it didn't hit me. I use to fish High Rock a lot and you would see a few but the last few years they are a bunch up there also. I wish they would open season on them things. I bet a good pellet gun would work wonders on them.

Fish are bedding, club member had 3 fish 15.46lbs, big fish was 8.54lbs, water temp 62, We saw a lot of dead crappie down around bridge area, and if someone don't get control of the commrants they will ruin that lake, they are a eaten machine and we saw 100's today.
    I saw a dying crappie last time I was out too. Hope that's not indicative of a problem.

Not much can be done about cormorants unless the wildlife commission decides to let us start shooting them. I read a story about them doing that in SC a few years back. They made a population estimate and even after more were killed they that thought even lived there they had not made much of a dent in the population.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    I was fishing a lake east of here a couple of weeks ago and the commrants had colored a pier with a red metal roof into a white roof.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    I was fishing a lake east of here a couple of weeks ago and the commrants had colored a pier with a red metal roof into a white roof.
    I always get a kick out of the home owners on SML coming out trying to run the birds off there docks.

11. Member
    No one knows Fred White. Shame, he was quite the huckleberry. caught some good bass in the river sunday down new bern way. plenty of cormorants everywhere I've fished. of course, i ramble to avoid the fact we got our arses handed to us saturday by a 20# sack. here's hopin we all get on 20 next time out.

I've seen the floating dead crappies everywhere on the lake. I don't recall ever seeing this many.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

Quote Originally Posted by Basswipe View Post
    I've seen the floating dead crappies everywhere on the lake. I don't recall ever seeing this many.

Stress of the spawn happens every year. Few get eaten and spit out by bass though.

14. Banned
    Just be nice when the internet is no longer used for a measuring stick of how many "cute" comments people make that is really a passive aggressive "shot" at another person. It is an "I'm better than you attitude" but don't have the balls to say it straight.

Take a read if anyone wants. Why rag on BBC brothers instead of offering help or addressing actual questions otherwise this is just a smaller version of the lounge where you cannot say a word without some ass clown having something stupid to say.

The web is a playground for passive aggressive people.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-thrive-online

15. Member
    but but but I am almost to level 10

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234