Buy new or repair gen 1 Talon?

I have a gen 1, 8’ talon that last week on the red stopped deploying or retracting and is making a very loud grinding noise. Got it home and extended an cleaned an lubed throughly. The cables are intact. Still will not work without me pulling or pushing the spike.

So

Should I attempt to fix? And if so where should I get any parts?

or

Should I replace both with new 8’ s? And if so where is the best price right now?

Thanks

2. Member
    I forgot to mention I will be moving quickly on on either option due to my tournament schedule ��
    Thanks again!!!!

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I think we answered this question

Buy a new 10' and then fix the 8' and sell it very cheap to a less fortunate fisherman, just make sure they know it's not mint
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Thanks for the advice and thanks Hydrilla Gear for the great customer service!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG21 View Post
    I have a gen 1, 8’ talon that last week on the red stopped deploying or retracting and is making a very loud grinding noise. Got it home and extended an cleaned an lubed throughly. The cables are intact. Still will not work without me pulling or pushing the spike.

So

Should I attempt to fix? And if so where should I get any parts?

or

Should I replace both with new 8’ s? And if so where is the best price right now?

Thanks
    Most major parts for the Gen 1 are no longer available. but it sounds like there is jib loose on the second stage. It must be disassemble to fix, but I don't think those parts are available any more either. If you were closer I would offer to look at it and maybe even fix.