Caliper Brake Flange on Axle

Coming home yesterday I noticed a clunk. Looked back to see the head of a bolt rolling along the road. Luckily, I was only 1/4 mile from the house. Turns out that the bottom caliper bolt was missing which caused considerable stress on the top bolt of the caliper finally resulting in the bolt shearing off. In the process of shearing off, the process also ripped the top left hole of the caliper mounting flange which is welded onto the axle. So questions:

1. Can I just remount the caliper with new bolts to the two right side mounting flange holes (The flange is a square piece of metal that is approx. 3x3 and in each corner it has a hole)? Can I just use the two right side holes to mount the caliper?
    2. Do I need to rotate the other caliper to the front holes on its flange, as well?

Probably would work but the bleeder always has to be at the top of the caliper
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

You can use the top and bottom right. When you put it back together use some loctite red on the bolts.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Probably would work but the bleeder always has to be at the top of the caliper
    If the bleeder ends up on the bottom just take a piece of metal or wood the same thickness as the rotor and put in the caliper. Turn it so the bleeder is up. Bleed than remove spacer and mount it. If your line is long enough just bleed it on the rotor with bleeder up then turn.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    If the bleeder ends up on the bottom just take a piece of metal or wood the same thickness as the rotor and put in the caliper. Turn it so the bleeder is up. Bleed than remove spacer and mount it. If your line is long enough just bleed it on the rotor with bleeder up then turn.
    No need to do that. The bleeder and hydraulic fitting are interchangeable and you can just swap them to get the right plumbing.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    This is why I am on this board. Great info guys. Thanks a million.