First Potomac Tourney

Thought I might share my Tourney experience on here, good and bad as maybe it will help others down the road. My partner and I live 1:45 minutes away so we dont have much time on the River. Most of my intel comes from the trusty internet and maps. lol
    Well, we got our butts kicked yesterday. Decided to run up to Piscataway, Swann, and little Hunting. Very little water in all due to dead low tide. Hit the main river dock across from Little hunting and below Piscataway as it had good depth. Nothing. Ran up to Hog Island area.Nope. Hit some more docks and Whitestone Point. Nada. Finished off in Belmont/Occoquan where we caught a couple Friday. Nope. Not one bite all day. Water was 44-48. In hindsight we should have gone looking for grass. Our plan on Friday was to find some but we were blown out. Plenty of good bags were caught today, presumably by those who found the grass. The Potomac Battle Series is well run and I look forward to another shot in a couple of weeks.

Rick

Rick Elrod

2. Member
    Saw you out there. I was the idiot in the big Ranger stuck on the sandbar. I had to do trolling motor only because my motor wouldn't heat up to over 80 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRanger364V View Post
    Saw you out there. I was the idiot in the big Ranger stuck on the sandbar. I had to do trolling motor only because my motor wouldn't heat up to over 80 degrees.
    Sorry to hear that. Guessing your day didn't go well either?

Rick Elrod

4. Member
    Caught some fish but nothing special. I suspected the wood I bumped the week before would get up in there so I wasn't too surprised the motor didn't warm up. The wind was no fun.

5. Member
    Caught some fish but nothing special. I suspected the wood I bumped the week before would get up in there so I wasn't too surprised the motor didn't warm up. The wind was no fun.
    Confused, you're motor wouldn't warm up so you didn't run? What was causing the the issue with the motor?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

6. Member
    Wood in my thermostats. I got it fixed.

glad you got it straightened out.

Rick Elrod

8. Member
    Now that they're fixed the motor runs about 40 degrees hotter. Had it up to 63 mph Sunday before I got too scared and had to ease off. Definitely check your stats if you run the Potomac a lot.

Now that they're fixed the motor runs about 40 degrees hotter. Had it up to 63 mph Sunday before I got too scared and had to ease off. Definitely check your stats if you run the Potomac a lot.
    This time of year you will be cleaning those things after every trip. I can do it with my eyes closed now. If you have a Merc with a compressor, do this maintenance too. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=565408
    You will be surprised how much gunk is on that thing.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS