ultrx on the water

i had the new ultrex on the water the other day. as i was using the t/m i noticed that there was very little movement when going right
    to left , meaning you won't get thrown off, very smooth. the spot lock worked great and on spot. the only problem i have
    is in the male plug (i purchased) ranger style 4 prong. it won't stay in the female pocket correctly allways seems to pop out
    and lose connection . how does it stay in there? theres a small key type that i forgot to put in
    looks like it may go to some connection screws...... other than that i like so far.

2. Member
    is it not the twist to lock style plug? I had a 4 way plug and receiver on my nitro but when I installed ultrex i replaced them with a 3 way plug and receiver.
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

it's the plug that ranger uses....4 prong type. it's really sloppy in the pocket seems like somethings missing

4. Member
    If the plug does not fit snug in the receptacle then I would do a good inspection on both the plug and receptacle to see if one of the prongs has a burr on it. If not then look in each of the socket on the receptacle for a burr. There may be even a burr on the plug or receptacle wall.

5. Member
    Or change it to a locking plug or Hard wire it and be done with it

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    it won't stay in the female pocket correctly allways seems to pop out how does it stay in there?
    Sounds like more than a trolling motor issue.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

no this ulrex is new and with no problems....I swapped out a fortrex to a ultrex and had to buy another 4 prong plug and it's alittle
    sloppy now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Sounds like more than a trolling motor issue.
    Whifffff---

If it is a 4 prong Ranger plug, it may not be put back together correctly. Take out the screws
    holding the outside of the plug together and slide the inside further out. I have done this too.