Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmks View Post
    So if I have none of this now and I want to see info on my Gen 3 touch, I would need to by a mercmonitor with harness and hook that up, then buy a vesselview link and hook the mercmonitor to the Lowrance?
    Either-Or can provide NMEA-2000 Data to your Lowrance.

If you want to utilize the Vessel View Features available in your Gen-3 Touch, you would need the Vesselview Link.

You "could" use both (with a J-box), but it would be like having a Digital Dashboard and another Digital Dashboard.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Trying to decide between vesselview on my Lowrance or vesselview mobile. Not sure I would use it a lot. Mobile may be all I need.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Ought to be using it whenever you run the engine... that's what it's for.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned
    So I have a Simrad go9sxe I also have the Merc VesselView single. It came off my brothers boat that had a 4 stroke 150 my boat has a 2006 200 optimax with Smartcraft one of the older ones you posted a pic of . What do I need to hook this up to display the info on the Simrad

5. Member
    In the pic of the vessel view link it shows a blue cable. I'm assuming this is an extension cable. Does this come with the kit or is it a separately purchased item? If it is not included in the kit, what is the part number?

Every kit kit I have found for sale does not show this cable and the one that does come with it appears to be too short to even route outside of the engine compartment.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nwest10 View Post
    In the pic of the vessel view link it shows a blue cable. I'm assuming this is an extension cable. Does this come with the kit or is it a separately purchased item? If it is not included in the kit, what is the part number?

Every kit kit I have found for sale does not show this cable and the one that does come with it appears to be too short to even route outside of the engine compartment.
    If you contact Rhonda in our Parts Department by EMAIL, she can supply you with a list of Options, and special BBC member pricing. She also offers packaged kits that DO include what you need to install a functional Smartcraft Network with your Smartcraft Instrument or Vessel View Product.

You can find her contact info pinned at the top of the 3L and 4-Stroke Mercury Forums.

7. Member
    OK, sorry for the ignorant question, but I really just don't get NMEA 2000. If I buy a MercMonitor level 1, do I also need a gateway and or starter kit to link to my Lowrance?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    If I buy a MercMonitor level 1, do I also need a gateway and or starter kit to link to my Lowrance?
    No. A level 1 MercMonitor is a gateway device and, properly rigged, will create a NMEA 2k network. See this topic to contact Rhonda @ European Marine, she'll set you up with everything you need...

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    No. A level 1 MercMonitor is a gateway device and, properly rigged, will create a NMEA 2k network. See this topic to contact Rhonda @ European Marine, she'll set you up with everything you need...

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories
    I really appreciate the response, but I already bought the level 1 and it's on it's way to my house. I was just confused about what I needed to do to get it properly connected to the HDS.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I really appreciate the response, but I already bought the level 1 and it's on it's way to my house. I was just confused about what I needed to do to get it properly connected to the HDS.
    Simple NMEA-2K Network Layout

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigoilman View Post
    Great info here. Thank you.
    I'm planning a cosmetic restoration of my boat this winter and trying to gather parts now.
    I have a mismatched set of 225s Optis (full specs below). It appears Mercury made the analog to digital harness for the older (2000 model) of these motors (859649A2).
    I'm trying to plan my approach to gauges. All analog now ( I assume the 2006 has the digital to analog conversion harness).
    Should I (Can I)?
    * Upgrade to a system that allows data to feed my Garmin GPSMAPS 840xs?
    * Upgrade to an older "Smartcraft" gauge system?
    * Upgrade to some version of the "Vessel View" system?
    * Just replace my analog gauges, the rest not being worth the hassle?

This being an offshore rig, fuel consumption monitoring would be a great addition.

Port Motor
    MY2006
    Ser. Number 1B447039
    Model 1225D83HY
    225 DFI 3.0L

Starboard Motor
    MY2000
    Ser. Number 0T054331
    Model 1224483WD
    225 DFI XL SW

I also looked at the offerings from NoLand Engineering (RS11) and Fox-Marine. I would consider a 3rd party solution like those as well.

Any guidance is appreciated.

This would be best handled in a separate post for your engines, especially since your STB engine is going to pose some unique challenges.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    This would be best handled in a separate post for your engines, especially since your STB engine is going to pose some unique challenges.
    Will do. Thanks.

I have 2005 optis can I upgrade to mercmonitors if yesis there any new cables I would need Thanks.
    Twin 200 2005 Mercury Optimax Engines
    1B191661
    1B160290

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I have 2005 optis can I upgrade to mercmonitors if yesis there any new cables I would need Thanks.
    Yes, and possibly, depending on what you do or do not have currently. See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the forum) and drop her an EMAIL (she can provide you with options and special BBC member pricing).

Be sure to include your serial number(s) and details of what you have currently (sometimes a picture is the easiest way to identify).

I hate to post this question. I have a Smart Craft that i tried calibrating the trim and now rmp shows numbers when the engine is not running and the hours don't appear when you turn the key on. All i get is 3.04 stn1. Any suggestions. Thanks

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck b View Post
    I hate to post this question. I have a Smart Craft that i tried calibrating the trim and now rmp shows numbers when the engine is not running and the hours don't appear when you turn the key on. All i get is 3.04 stn1. Any suggestions. Thanks
    Open a separate thread and provide your engine info, as well as WHICH Smartcraft Instrument you have (as well as info on when it last worked properly and how it's connected). Thanks!

18. Member
    I toggled through some of my displays last weekend and found where I can see the gallons used. Does this mean I already have a vessel view link if that is working? These are the gauges I currently have. I do have NMEA on my boat but apparently not what I need for that data to show on my HDS G3-12.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    I toggled through some of my displays last weekend and found where I can see the gallons used. Does this mean I already have a vessel view link if that is working? These are the gauges I currently have. I do have NMEA on my boat but apparently not what I need for that data to show on my HDS G3-12.
    No. That means that your System Tach has the Fuel "Used" feature (as do many Smartcraft Instruments). See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum, and drop her an email. She can assist you with the Vessel View Link and anything else you might need to install it.

Be sure to let her know you already have a System Tach in place... and check to see if you have one open port on a Junction Box (under your console).

20. Member
    I'm in need of some guidance. Posting here to not start a new thread. I bought a 2016 Pro XS 200 to repower my boat after the restoration is complete. The boat will need all of the rigging so I am compiling a list of part #'s. Looks like I've got everything covered but the gauge. The Mercmonitor Part # 8M0135536 with NMEA is around $640. I may be wrong but this same unit (8M0119406) without NMEA is around $400. Why do I need NMEA on a smart gauge if the Mercury outboards are Smartcraft. I apologize if the answer is in this thread somewhere but I could not find it. Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year to all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast