Carpet glue question!

I am redoing the carpet in my tracker, new plywood and new carpet. My plan was to use Robert's 6700 on wood portion and contact cement on aluminum deck lids. My question is, is this a good safe approach? I don't want to have to do it again in a couple years. I purchased good quality 20 oz marine carpet also. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    I have done a bunch of boats and use weldwood DAP contact cement. They have an original fast cure formula that is awesome. this stuff is awesome.

3. Member
    I was going to use that but covering large areas tends to be a bit of a pain. Unless there is other ways to apply it?

4. Member
    I used Roberts 6700 on the bulk of the big pieces and then done the edges with the original Weldwood contact cement. I to used 20 oz marine carpet. No problems so far and it's been a year,

5. Member
    Any time I did a boat with wood I would cover the wood with resin and glass, resin at a minimum. The resin also gives the glue a great bonding surface. Weldwood all the way.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

6. Member
    Weldwood contact cement is what I used on mine. Very easy to work with. Apply with a paint brush and easy to clean up.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

7. Member
    Has anyone used Lepage Contact Cement?

We don't seem to get the Weldwood here in the Toronto area? I can order it on Walmart.ca but it wont arrive here till like May 26th.

8. Member
    Whatever you end up using, please make sure you read the warning label about a well ventilated area.

9. Member
    So I did a small section today. Looks ok so far. Definitely do this outdoors or even get some kind of mask this contact cement STINKS!