Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    So good news and bad news...

good news is the parts ordered. Bad news is that its a special order part, AND mercury has them out of stock.

Euro Marine was pretty honest and realistic with the time frame (which I appreciate)...but I have a strong feeling this is gonna drag into weeks, maybe a month or 2 even until the part gets to me. I gotta get out on the water. Especially if this is a sensor problem, and not necessarily a motor problem. I was told that I could still run the boat...but to go "DOUBLE OIL" with the gas to be safe. My buddy told me to just mix in the proper ratio of oil into the gas tank...in addition to the oil injection from the motor. He let me know that it wont harm anything, beside lots of smoke from the motor...but that it helped just in case there are oil injection problems.

That sounds good to me...what do you all think? Also...should I run with the 2 blue sensor wires unplugged while on the water....or just unplug it on the water when/if it pops back up? Let me know what you all think....its PRIME TIME, and I havent been on the water for a week or 2 now.....im dying over here!!!!! lol

Double oil is just saying that you are leaving the stock oil system in place and putting the proper normal ratio in the gas tank. Not that you need to double the ratio in the gas tank. Hope that made sense. You are ensuring that one way or another, the engine is getting oil.

I would disconnect the wires, put proper ratio of oil with gas and go fishing.

It will smoke more and I would keep idle times to minimum. You are going to get carbon on prop and will need to check plugs once you get back to normal...
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Haughton View Post
    Double oil is just saying that you are leaving the stock oil system in place and putting the proper normal ratio in the gas tank. Not that you need to double the ratio in the gas tank. Hope that made sense. You are ensuring that one way or another, the engine is getting oil.

I would disconnect the wires, put proper ratio of oil with gas and go fishing.

It will smoke more and I would keep idle times to minimum. You are going to get carbon on prop and will need to check plugs once you get back to normal...
    Got it! I think im gonna have to do that for this weekend

4. Member
    [QUOTE=Haughton;9289351

I would disconnect the wires, put proper ratio of oil with gas and go fishing...[/QUOTE]id go catching
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    id go catching
    Now Joe...although I consider myself prolly one of THE best, if not THE Best at fishing! Im reel good at tying knots, casting, reeling in and things like that...

getting a fish on a hook, and into the boat...well im working on that! Im much better at fishing, than catching! LMAO

6. Member
    youd just have to know me , but believe me I would today
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Banned
    more bad news....

was running the pre trip test on the muffs. Got it to start....but now its not peeing....and the damn beep is back...even with the 2 wires disconnected. Currently googling....any suggestions on what the problem is to cause no peeing?

Mine is beeping and oil light is on with just the key turn on and the engine not running
    Last edited by OkieBud; 04-22-2018 at 06:12 PM.

9. Banned
    beeps gone. i got it to pee....i think its cuz the muffs were bent out. I was debating not running "double oil" since the beep was gone....but I ended up going double oil to be safe. I ordered some new spark plugs late last week anyway.

10. Member
    got hot

11. Banned
    almost burnt my boat up! gonna start a new thread...prolly in electrical/TM subforum though.

thanks guys

12. Banned
    So....to catch you all up. I have some sort of electrical problem, and had my wires fry and smoke on me....so Im guessing that contributed to the constant beep since it still came on after disconnecting sensor wires like you all told me. Im gonna start another thread in the Electrical/Wiring/TM forum if any of you are good at wiring/electircal stuff and can swing over there to help, Id appreciate it.

last question....I got the replacement Oil Tank.

Seems like the warning beep was not from the oil tank sensor since it still beeped even after I unplugged 2 blue wires. Should I still replace the oil tank....or should I hold off on that and figure out what my electrical problems are and see if that solves the beep?

13. Banned
    anyone?

14. Member
    repair other wirring first, which wires melted

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    repair other wirring first, which wires melted
    Wires connected to battery....well around the battery. Previous owner had a birds nest of loose wires I never took care of. And even tho I thought the wires were "dead" and no issue...im pretty sure one of the loose ones touched somewhere it wasnt supposed to and started the problems. It was smoking big time...and around a full tank of gas!

https://ibb.co/k1uZm7

16. Banned
    what Im trying to take as good news is that the main lines (pos and neg) connecting to battery werent melted...it was the other "extra" wires in there that melted.

17. Banned
    In case anyone wants to gimme a hand in fixing my electrical issues....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=901216

18. Banned
    OK boys.....so I think we are back at square one.

Electrical isnt fixed....but the problem has been removed. The beep came back one....despite the 2 wires connected to the oil tank being unplugged. The boat pees just fine.

What could be causing the beep? Thought it was the oil tank...but then the beep came back one even tho I unplugged the wires you all mentioned. What do you all think is the cause, and what do I need to fix?

19. Banned
    Just got off the phone with mercury marine. They said its either an overheating issue or a low oil issue.

Im guessing I just replace the oil tank and hope for the best? I really dont think its overheating....I ran 20+miles at WOT with the beep on and no issues. Motor wasnt steaming...didnt feel extra hot when I got around it or anything like that.....and it was peeing strong the whole time too.

Let me know what you all recommend. I need to get on the water....seriously! Had friends posting videos of boils on the water this weekend! gotta go get those fish on my hook asap!

Oh yea.....motor is cranking and starting like normal.

20. Member
    undo purple wire from lil square module se if it stops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast