Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a question

Is it against some unwritten rule that we cant post anything about guns in the lounge. Even if we joke about something that shows we support our countrys 2nd amendment the thread is immediately locked or deleted. Discussing the 2nd isnt political its the american way of life. Im struggling seeing how any discussion on supporting the 2nd is banned. Usually i wouldnt care but its getting ridiculous. I know i know its a privately owned site and all but thats only brought up if a certain person disagrees with whatever is written. I hope my question can be answered and discussed without someone using there power to just delete me or my thread to shut me up. The issue at hand has two sides. Plenty posted in support of the movement without any implications but literally every thread discussing the other side is locked or gone. Today a joking thread was posted amd i called it when i posted. Locked 10 mins later. I like the ppl on this site but its getting little to......biased for my liking. Am i the only one willing to ask? Or has anyone who asked been deleted and blocked or given a spanking of sorts with a 7 day break.

It’s Al’s site, and he makes the rules. I am as pro 2A a guy as you will find, but I understand why these posts get locked. Without exception, every post gets ugly in a hurry. I’ll never understand why people think name-calling and personal attacks on a public forum is an acceptable argument, but that is what it turns to. There are plenty of places on the web to go if you want to engage in that, and I support Al’s decision to keep that sort of thing away from BBC.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    It’s Al’s site, and he makes the rules. I am as pro 2A a guy as you will find, but I understand why these posts get locked. Without exception, every post gets ugly in a hurry. I’ll never understand why people think name-calling and personal attacks on a public forum is an acceptable argument, but that is what it turns to. There are plenty of places on the web to go if you want to engage in that, and I support Al’s decision to keep that sort of thing away from BBC.
    I agree 100%, you have adults that can not discuss things in a civil matter without things getting out of control.
    And the very thought that this will get deleted for the reasons you state tells me you have not seen all that Al has wrote and explained very clearly the reasons why.
    LeaLea

4. Member
    How out of control can it get on a forum guys come on. Ppl post and thats it. So what if ppl say how they feel. Hey its als site he can do whatever im just asking. Can we not then make a place to discuss it? Theres a place fore everything else on here. I came to the gun forum to ask hoping for more yhan just "because" i see name calling and the same stuff on other threads but they rarely get deleted as fast..lol. i know im not alone in my assessment but others i speak to are pure scared to question it in fear of being banned. I enjoy this site but the lounghe has become a sh** show. Its painful to watch to be honest

5. Member
    I understand what you said but the post that got locked today was very g rated. No name calling not arguments nothing. It was a joke and got locked quick.

I wouldn't say anyone is scared to post anything... There are some of us that respect the playground that Al has built and then there are some that want the kiddie slide all to themselves.... There are plenty of other places you can go talk about the 2nd amendment... The lounge itself is a special place... It takes an strange sense of humor sometimes to frequent the lounge...so strange that someone has to come to the hunting and gun lodge to fuss about it... If you like the place then enjoy it as it is...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Thanks Aaron! And your post pretty well sums it up. If there were just civil discussions re guns then the threads would stay, and in actual fact many gun threads do stay IF they stay civil.

Ncshooter, I'm not sure which thread you're referring to that got closed today but many posts have basically shrugged off the fact that 17 kids and adults were murdered at Parkland school recently and we simply don't need discussions saying that more people die from other causes, etc.,etc.

Bottom Line - I don't just automatically take down a gun thread; as I've said if it's a civil discussion then it stays, otherwise it won't. As Aaron said, there are plenty of sites on the internet to go if you want to argue and name call; this doesn't happen to be one of them and most likely one of the reasons that we have so many members and get over 700 new members each and every month.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Thanks Aaron! And your post pretty well sums it up. If there were just civil discussions re guns then the threads would stay, and in actual fact many gun threads do stay IF they stay civil.

Ncshooter, I'm not sure which thread you're referring to that got closed today but many posts have basically shrugged off the fact that 17 kids and adults were murdered at Parkland school recently and we simply don't need discussions saying that more people die from other causes, etc.,etc.

Bottom Line - I don't just automatically take down a gun thread; as I've said if it's a civil discussion then it stays, otherwise it won't. As Aaron said, there are plenty of sites on the internet to go if you want to argue and name call; this doesn't happen to be one of them and most likely one of the reasons that we have so many members and get over 700 new members each and every month.
    Look back to what i posted no name calling from me al. What im refering to is a pic that was put up. It was a joke. Yall act like im looking to argue aboit the 2nd when i plainly stated in my original post that thats not what i wanted. I asked for a simple explanation other than "because". I see by some of the responses that im expected to just leave the site if i disagree. Thats where im different i would rather have the discussion like an adult. Saying theres plenty of places to argue just makes no sense. Srry i asked!!..lol if you say a civil discussion stays then something is wrong because todays post was very civil. It only had 5 or 6 replys and they were all jokes about a prop. I think it was deleted because of what it "could have" gotten to.

9. Member
    Ill stop replying now

Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    Look back to what i posted no name calling from me al. What im refering to is a pic that was put up. It was a joke. Yall act like im looking to argue aboit the 2nd when i plainly stated in my original post that thats not what i wanted. I asked for a simple explanation other than "because". I see by some of the responses that im expected to just leave the site if i disagree. Thats where im different i would rather have the discussion like an adult. Saying theres plenty of places to argue just makes no sense. Srry i asked!!..lol if you say a civil discussion stays then something is wrong because todays post was very civil. It only had 5 or 6 replys and they were all jokes about a prop. I think it was deleted because of what it "could have" gotten to.
    The post WOULD have gone down hill; we've seen it too many times with some of the gun threads. There was really no point in the OP posting it. We get too many discussions where some members will shrug off that many are being killed in these mass shootings, they'll say that it's stupid to have gun free zones, they'll post that it's not the gun it's the killers (which is pretty obvious and not needed to be posted).

We get these types of threads after every mass shooting and they'll be more after the next mass shooting and the one after that. Too many are afraid that they're going to lose their guns and that simply is not going to happen but we do not need this type of gun posts.
    Civil discussions re guns and the threads stay provided they stay civil. Shrug off the fact that many are being killed in these mass shootings and be paranoid that guns are going to be taken away and the threads will be closed or deleted. Sorry, but that will not change.

Thanks Al.... I have learned to play by your rules cause I like the place and respect your fairness. OP just chill and understand you'll never change anyone's mind about anything via the interwebs.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

12. Member
    Not trying to change any minds at all. Just asked a question.

Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    Not trying to change any minds at all. Just asked a question.
    Was your question answered?

14. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I am amazed that grown men can't stay civil when discussing things on a forum. I guess people just let their emotions take over. I have friends that are as liberal as you can imagine and others that are as conservative as you can imagine. I am able to have civil conversations (for the most part, a couple of my liberal friends get their buttons pushed pretty easily) with both and don't agree an all points with anyone I don't suspect, but I do try to stay respectful of them.

I do think the one of the reasons that we as Americans have such a hard time discussing politics respectfully is WE ARE BROUGHT UP BEING TOLD TO AVOID DISCUSSING POLITICS. Like anything else in the world if you haven't practiced it you won't know how to do it properly?
    Last edited by Roddy; 04-09-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I am amazed that grown men can't stay civil when discussing things on a forum. I guess people just let their emotions take over. I have friends that are as liberal as you can imagine and others that are as conservative as you can imagine. I am able to have civil conversations (for the most part, a couple of my liberal friends get their buttons pushed pretty easily) with both and don't agree an all points with anyone I don't suspect, but I do try to stay respectful of them.

I do think the one of the reasons that we as Americans have such a hard time discussing politics respectfully is WE ARE BROUGHT UP BEING TOLD TO AVOID DISCUSSING POLITICS. Like anything else in the world if you haven't practiced it you won't know how to do it properly?
    I too am consistently surprised at reactions to a civil discussion. The minute someone has there logic brought into question they get emotional and angry. We can agree to disagree and still discuss a topic to get a better understanding. I was raised to always question authority. If we dont ever question it, it can get out of hand. But like i said most will simply get angry and amd go to name calling which i think is childlike. I take for granted my way of dealing with things i guess. I can agree to disagree but most just get mad and say stupid stuff.

16. Member
    During the 27 hour drive to Saskatchewan on election year, it was obvious I was not going to be able to talk politics. He is a union pipefitter and did not like Pence due to his "right-to-work" stance. I definitely was not going to vote for Mrs. Clinton. To make sure we didn't kill each other, we talked about everything but politics...

To the OP, you just have to accept that this is a privately run site and the owner has complete authority over what is posted here. That’s pretty much all there is to it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

18. Member
    ncshooter-I understand where you are coming from. I no longer go to the lounge on here. Sometimes it does appear that liberals get more leeway in the lounge than conservative views. That's one of the reasons I stopped going there to keep from getting mad. That, and the fact that no matter what I posted in the lounge (and I never got my posts deleted because I tried hard to go by the rules), there was a moderator who always had to post a sarcastic reply to my posts concerning Christians. I guess my name set me up for that, but it shapes my views on things and apparently he didn't like it. Whatever, the hunting and shooting forum is as far as I go up in the forums.

As an addendum to this: I look at this site like the country I live in (USA), I don't agree with at least half of this country. But they also don't agree with me. And with the mainstream media in this country, it seems like the liberals have the majority of say-so. So, what do I do? I don't watch CNN, MSNBC, or any of the other liberal outlets in the media. Helps keep my BP down. Same on here. I don't go to the forums that I know I won't agree with a lot that is said and know that if I expressed my views it could get the whole thing shut down. So, I look at what I want to on here, and then mosey on over to the Campfire where I can post freely what I believe. Pretty simple really.
    Last edited by preacher ed; 04-10-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added statement

19. Banned
    McZuckerberg has his way and that’s that. Fair or unfair, it’s his circus, his monkeys.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    McZuckerberg has his way and that’s that. Fair or unfair, it’s his circus, his monkeys.
    But zuckerberg atleast admitted they're biased.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast