Banned

cutting the cord

Getting ready to cut the cord. I'm 50-60 miles from Chicago. Looking for a good antenna for local channels. I found this one but with so many to choose from and all the different options it's kinda confusing. Anybody got a recommendation for a good one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...236_SY340_QL65

2. Member
    Don't know any thing about that antenna or any other one. What caught my eye was the protection plan. Three year was xx dollars and four year was over three times more.

3. Member
    I used this one and it is great. I get 30+ channels from 50-70 miles. It's cheap. has a rotor, and an amplifier.
    It is cheaply made too!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Member
    https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...V-Antenna.html

I'm pulling in all the Nashville channels (the furthest maybe 40 miles away with some hills between us) and several others from cities that far away in other directions with this one in my attic. If you call them they can geo locate your house and advise if it will work for you. I did need a booster which they sold me to help push the signal to all the tv's in the house.

5. Member
    I put this in my attic and get channels from Chicago and Milwaukee I'm right on the boarder.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C4XVOOC...detail_6?psc=1
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

I put the exact one from your link on an old mast on my house in Minneapolis and it picks up EVERYTHING. I'm only 15 miles from most of the broadcaster's antennas but it picks up stuff 60 miles away too. Was a huge improvement over an old traditional thing that was 4 times as big.

7. Member
    I have tried the one in your link BB5 and ended up switching it out to the one in Marlin’s link. I got better results with that one but it is really only good for one tv. If you need something to connect multiple tv’s I would try something different.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    I have tried the one in your link BB5 and ended up switching it out to the one in Marlin’s link. I got better results with that one but it is really only good for one tv. If you need something to connect multiple tv’s I would try something different.
    We have 4 TVs connected to this antenna, all equipped with Rokus.
    We use Spectrum internet, Play station Vue.
    Our antenna gets about 30 stations. For managing the OTA channels I bought a 2 tuner Tablo DVR.. It sends all the OTA channels to the 4 TVs wirelessly to the Rokus on each set. No wires to run to the TV from antenna!
    An external hard drive connected to the Tablo allows recording, and scheduling recording events and shows.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinpruett View Post
    We have 4 TVs connected to this antenna, all equipped with Rokus.
    We use Spectrum internet, Play station Vue.
    Our antenna gets about 30 stations. For managing the OTA channels I bought a 2 tuner Tablo DVR.. It sends all the OTA channels to the 4 TVs wirelessly to the Rokus on each set. No wires to run to the TV from antenna!
    An external hard drive connected to the Tablo allows recording, and scheduling recording events and shows.
    Good info right here as the antenna itself is limited to two TVs but only practical for one when hardwired.

10. Member
    do what I did. Tie it into your existing cable. Install where cable enters house. You may need a few splitters. I have 4 tv's and one antenna and get 55 channels.

11. Member
    look at antennadeals.com I got the 2605 and it works great the antenna is about 70 and if you need mounting kit the whole cost is about 100